attachment questions

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mulderscully

attachment questions

Post by mulderscully »

I am new to Thunderbird
I recently received an email with attachments from a trusted source. When I openned it to read the mail--the bottom half of the messge pane was a box showing the attachments while the upper half was the mail itself. Is there a way to change this view so attachments don't take up half of the message pane????

Post by Guest »

Is there a way so that attachments aren't displayed on the bottom of the message?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

It sounds like you might be configured to view attachments inline, which I consider dangerous.

If View->'display attachments inline' has a checkmark next to it, select it again, so that the checkmark disappears. Rather than seeing the attachment as part of the message, you should now see a link with the attachments filename at the bottom of the message that you have to click on to view the attachment.

However, if the attachment is a GIF or JPEG by default thunderbird will display it as part of the message using code from Firefox. I wouldn't expect this to appear as a box though. Any chance you're talking about the preview pane, which is enabled using F8 (or view->layout) ?

Post by Guest »

yes--the attachments were GIF and JPEG. There were a lot of attachments so they took up a lot of the message window on the bottom. I did what you suggested and removed the checkmark next to "display attachments inline".
thanks for the advice