preformatting issues/view source requisition

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mrrena

preformatting issues/view source requisition

Post by mrrena »

Hello,

I have a php based form on my website that allows users to send me mail via a form. The messages always arrives at my inbox in plain text and I have my default setting in Thunderbird set to "Send HTML." When I attempt to reply to a user's message, it is often not formatted correctly in their browser (Yahoo being a tested example). It looks perfectly fine in Thunderbird, but the <pre> tags interfere with other servers. Is there any way to correct this problem? Is the only solution to manually reconfigure Thunderbird to send plain text on each message of this sort and/or copy the original message out into Notepad and back again?

Also, is there any possibility of having a "view HTML source" feature implemented into the main design? It is maddening to me not to be able to get into the source code and tweak it here and there. In fact, I wouldn't even be quite as disgusted with the preformatting issue mentioned above if I could just get in there and take out the <pre> tags and insert a few simple <p> tags between the paragraphs.

Anyway.... if anyone has any thoughts or privileged information I have overlooked, I would be indebted.

God bless,
Eric
=====
Mr. Renaissance http://www.mrrena.com
The Christian Living and Apologetics Website