Thunderbird already running - not responding

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Eben

Re: Thunderbird already running - not responding

Post by Eben »

Copying only the Mail folder from the 2.0.0.16 profile to the 1.0.2 profile at least gives me access to my old e-mails.

Can anyone suggest a decent alternative to Thunderbird until Mozilla fixes this problem in version 2.0.0.16? I'm not going back to Thunderbird until it can do a clean install on its own. That silly "Cleaning Up the Birdcage" message it gives when installing a new version is a lie. I guess I could use Gmail.
Roy66uk

Re: Thunderbird already running - not responding

Post by Roy66uk »

I run 2.0.0.16 on two XP systems and one Vista Home premium. I installed it on about 6 systems of friends.
It works like a dream on all of them.
The problem you face has occurred on two of the Vista systems and has been easily resolved with the very first work around I have you.
I believe there are problems on your specific system causing it for you that doesn't seem to be responding to those rememdies that I know do work. Not being at your system and knowing for sure what is happening makes it difficult to advise further. But just venting anger against Mozilla gets you know where but I appreciate how frustrating it is.
I can only assure you that given a clean uninstall and fresh reinstall (after restarts) there is no reason whatsoever why it wouldn't work unless you have a borked system.