New Hotmail rollout gets negative vibes from Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jjn361

New Hotmail rollout gets negative vibes from Thunderbird

Post by jjn361 »

Hey guys, looking for some advice if anyone has some. Hotmail is in the process of rolling out it's new version of webmail. They seem to be doing it sequentially (for instance I can only access the new version of Hotmail, my coworker can only access the old version). I've been using Thunderbird to access my Hotmail webmail using the webmail add-on (1.3.2) and the Hotmail add-on (1.2.18) with no problems up to the moment of the rollout for me yesterday afternoon. Now on both my home laptop (Vista) and my work PC (XP) when I try to log into Hotmail from Thunderbird I get the error: Mail sever localhost responded: negative vibes. This is the catch all error between Thunderbird and Hotmail for a lack of connection. More specifically, looking in the logs for that connections I get this error: Error message: return status 400.

So it looks like Hotmail's upgrade is interfering with either the webmail or the Hotmail add-on, potentially requiring a new version to fix. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
jjn361

Re: New Hotmail rollout gets negative vibes from Thunderbird

Post by jjn361 »

Pretty handy, but I think I've just answered my own question, at least for the XP machine here at work. I found a Google Groups that had a new version of the Hotmail extension (1.2.19) here:
http://groups.google.com/group/thunderb ... sion/files
and when I downloaded and installed that new add-on, suddenly Thunderbird works again. It's double downloaded a handful of the older messages but I can live with that. I'll have to try it on the Vista system when I get home, but this may have fixed my problem. This version is not available on the official Mozilla Webmail site, in fact this was the only place I could find it and if you try to upgrade through Thunderbird, it will not find this version.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else ends up having a similar issue...
DefinatelyFrustrated

Post by DefinatelyFrustrated »

Thankyou, This solved my problem I have been wrestling with this for hours as my TB just stopped receiving.
Your a lifesaver..

=D>

Post by Guest »

helped me too, except that I download old emails every now and then...small price to pay I guess
Urchinm

Post by Urchinm »

Have a look at https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/thunderbird/addon/4654 it allows you to delete duplicates.

Menno
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

They are all here: http://groups.google.com/group/thunderb ... sion/files

Extension and Theme Install Instructions for Thunderbird Users:

(1) Right-Click the link for the extension or theme download and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
(2) In Thunderbird, open the extension or theme manager (Tools Menu/Extensions or Themes in 1.5.0.x and earlier, Tools>Addons in 2.0)
(3) Click the Install button, and locate and select the file you downloaded and click "OK"
(4) Close and reopen Thunderbird to finish the install

Post by Guest »

thanks a lot for new update. - Nilesh
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

You're welcome.
Grayle

Post by Grayle »

I've downloaded and installed the new hotmail extension (then also the new webmail one, uninstalled everything, installed webmail and then hotmail) but it's still giving me bad vibes. This happened on my previous computer as well. It went swimmingly for a few weeks, and then it suddenly refused to get my mail.
Grayle

Post by Grayle »

Ah, nvm, suddenly started working again. Random button mashing ftw.
ACSanchez

Post by ACSanchez »

Thank god for smart people. Thanks guys!
laurent thailand

Post by laurent thailand »

There is a new update on the link: http://groups.google.com/group/thunderb ... sion/files

the version 1-2-19b33 is totally new, (updated today), but you can only get the hotmail email one by one... it means that you have to click on receive as many time as you have emails. IF YOU HAVE 10 MAILS YOU HAVE TO CLICK 10 TIMES...

the version 1-2-19b28 is better you get all mail in one time.

but in both cases It is impossible to send email via webmail hotmail in thunderbird... The SMTP not works... somebody can help me to fix this?

thanx...
Bigboyz

Post by Bigboyz »

Can anyine help me, I installed all the lastest updates etc to get my mail from Hotmail Live to Tunderbird but It will not let me send mail, I keep getting negative vibes????????????
bludale

Post by bludale »

I have been suffering the same problem with hotmail with the bad vibe syndrome! I have a new IMac and I have no idea whatsoever as to how to sort out the problem with this Hotmail upgrade. Can any one tell me what to do to get up and running again please?
duncecapulet

Post by duncecapulet »

I was still having trouble after installing the new updated webmail and hotmail updates but then i went into the actual hotmail website and that thing that comes up when you log in saying 'hotmail has changed a bit' i clicked 'do not show me this again' and it cured it, now it's working fine.