New Hotmail rollout gets negative vibes from Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
peterbrown77

Re: New Hotmail rollout gets negative vibes from Thunderbird

Post by peterbrown77 »

I have another installation of TB. It is using Webmail 1.3.2 and Hotmail 1.2.18. THIS COMBINAITION WORKS - all I had to do was dismiss the splash screen for the "new" hotmail.

I no longer have the extension installation files. Can I still download them - or extract them from the other installation?

Steve?

TIA
gomezz

Post by gomezz »

Windows XP SP3; Thunderbird 2.0.0.17; Webmail add-on 1.3.2. Just changed from Webmail-Hotmail 1.2.18 to 1.2.19b44 and I can now receive and send again with my hotmail account.

Curious as to why Mailwasher 2.0.21 beta continued to work through the hiatus when Thunderbird didn't?
peterbrown77

Post by peterbrown77 »

Okay, this is really frustrating. Found Webmail 1.3.2 and Hotmail 1.2.18; uninstalled new versions, reboot/restart TB, installed 1.3.2 and 1.2.18. Now TB doesn't work at all, no sending or receiving for either account. However, on my other machine TB works fine..........

Now getting "The STAT command did not succeed. Error getting message number and sizes........negative vibes".

What to do?
agian

Post by agian »

Steviex, thaks for your reply. I tried to follow the instructions you mentioned but when I unzip the file, I can't find any xpi in there. Do I need to compile the source code and if yes how?
Thanks in advance
peterbrown77

Post by peterbrown77 »

In complete frustration I copied the entire Application Data\Thunderbird folder to the other machine and now all is working. Lost some messages though.
darlak8

Post by darlak8 »

After two days of pulling my hair out (yes I am now bald) I found this thread and read through from page one. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I thought I would try some tweaking while waiting for yet another extension to be developed before going that route. And presto I'm working again, rec & send, no duplicates downloaded, just a bit slower than before. I have two hotmail accts, one I clicked to ignore the Hotmail update splash page, the other I did not, this made no difference as both accts now work. :mrgreen:
Hope this helps someone else:
TB 2.0.0.17
Webmail 1.3.2
Hotmail 1.2.17

I made these changes:
Tools>Add-ons>Webmail-Hotmail>Options>
Mode switched to WebDav &
POP clicked Download unread emails only and Download Junkmail &
STMP clicked Save copy in sent items. Since I save a copy in the TB sent folder I suppose it's not necessary to save a copy on Hotmail server. I will probably revert back to uncheck this and see if TB still works.

I made these changes to follow the recommendations from the screen shots found here:
http://webmail.mozdev.org/screenshots.html
reevuur

Post by reevuur »

I resolved it going to hotmail.com doing a login and disabled the splash screen.
Last edited by reevuur on November 5th, 2008, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
JolietJake

Post by JolietJake »

High time someone pulled Microsoft up on what exactly it is they are doing with hotmail. Why the inconsistencies etc.
Miffy

Post by Miffy »

darlak8 wrote:After two days of pulling my hair out (yes I am now bald) I found this thread and read through from page one. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I thought I would try some tweaking while waiting for yet another extension to be developed before going that route. And presto I'm working again, rec & send, no duplicates downloaded, just a bit slower than before. I have two hotmail accts, one I clicked to ignore the Hotmail update splash page, the other I did not, this made no difference as both accts now work. :mrgreen:
Hope this helps someone else:
TB 2.0.0.17
Webmail 1.3.2
Hotmail 1.2.17

I made these changes:
Tools>Add-ons>Webmail-Hotmail>Options>
Mode switched to WebDav &
POP clicked Download unread emails only and Download Junkmail &
STMP clicked Save copy in sent items. Since I save a copy in the TB sent folder I suppose it's not necessary to save a copy on Hotmail server. I will probably revert back to uncheck this and see if TB still works.

I made these changes to follow the recommendations from the screen shots found here:
http://webmail.mozdev.org/screenshots.html

Just tried it and it totally worked for me too, with:
TB 2.0.0.17
Webmail 1.3.3b3
Hotmail 1.2.19b44

Thanks!! :mrgreen:
sudhapjay

Post by sudhapjay »

Alright, so I've been battling this problem for several days now with no luck. I tried to follow all the suggestions from this forum and have installed:
TB 2.0.0.17
Webmail 1.3.3b3
Hotmail 1.2.19b44

I can send msgs from TB but can't receive any. I tried the Hotmail Live and the WebDav settings but still keep getting the negative vibes error. Any other suggestions?
nastyChildren

Post by nastyChildren »

Hello. I followd every steps....
But now, after i clicked "don't show me this again" on "hotmail as changed" i had a error message: "The Stat command did not succed Mail server local host responded: bad vibes from xxxx.hotmail.com"
Darin7787

Post by Darin7787 »

Read the first few post of this forum. It helps... But log in to your hotmail through the normal window through a browser and disable the new window mail interface first before doing so.
sudhapjay

Post by sudhapjay »

Darin7787 I don't know if you were making your suggestion to me but I've done that already without effect. Now for some reason I can't send any messages either. This is SO frustrating!
nastyChildren

Post by nastyChildren »

Darin7787 wrote:Read the first few post of this forum. It helps... But log in to your hotmail through the normal window through a browser and disable the new window mail interface first before doing so.

i followed every steps...
but still get nothing.
how do i disable the new mail interface?
Class 3000

Post by Class 3000 »

I've got b44 and the latest webmail version and followed all the steps above but it still doesn't work for me! Any sign of a fix coming?