thunderbird star button

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
olenholm

thunderbird star button

Post by olenholm »

In the message view window, there is no "add/remove star button," nor is there anything that indicates whether or not the message you are looking at is starred.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
rsx11m

Re: thunderbird star button

Post by rsx11m »

Interesting question. No, I'm not aware of any option to show in the message itself whether or not the star is set.

The closest I could find on this is bug 342009, which is however asking to better highlight flagged messages in the thread pane. There is a suggestion for adding some code to the userChrome.css, so potentially that would be possible for the message display itself then as well (but maybe not, as the flagged status may not be accessible in that window). Maybe somebody else can take it from here to come up with a solution, but I don't see anything that would be straight forward.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

You can add the Starred column and then just click in that column for the message you want starred or unstarred. Stars used to be Flags.

rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Oh, ok. I may have misunderstood the original question and thought that the intention was to have some indicator in the message itself (e.g., stand-alone message viewer, then browsing forward and backward through the messages) whether or not the message is starred...
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Or I may have... ;-)
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

To toggle the star on/off you can press S, even when the message window has focus.

The Mail Tweak extension has a Status icons tweak that displays the star in the message window's status bar. (The display shows the message's status at the time you opened it — it does not change if you toggle the star.)
Rod
Urchinm

Post by Urchinm »

And if you want to see only stars you can do edit-> find -> search messages. Here select "status is starred", select the folders you want included and use the button right under "Save search folder". You will get a folder which on accessing will search for you starred messages.

Menno