Add-On desired

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
WaltP

Add-On desired

Post by WaltP »

I've been using "Snap Links Plus" for years and today it broke.

Are there any other current add-ons that can highlight multiple links on a page and open them in tabs?

Thanks.
frg

Re: Add-On desired

Post by frg »

Define "today it broke". What broke? The add-on or a change in SeaMonkey broke it?
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

"Snap-Links Plus" is broke, obviously. Meaning it no longer works as of the day posted.

I'm not trying to figure out why it stopped working. I'm simply asking if there is a currently active add-on (SLP is not active) to replace it.
therube

Post by therube »

SeaMonkey 2.53.14
snap_links_plus-2.4.3-sm+fx (last.b4.WE).xpi

Code: Select all

ReferenceError: SLPrefs is not defined[Learn More]  snaplinks.js:164:1
ReferenceError: SLPrefs is not defined[Learn More]  snaplinks.js:207:1
ReferenceError: SLPrefs is not defined[Learn More]  Selection.js:290:1

/* Starting Hook for beginning a selection */
	OnMouseDown: function(e) {
		if(SLPrefs.Dev.Mode && e.ctrlKey && e.shiftKey && e.button == 0) {
			console.clear();	e.stopPropagation();	e.preventDefault();
			return;
		}
		if(!this.ShouldActivate(e))
			return;
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

@WaltP,

what version of SeaMonkey?
what version of SLP?

(BTW, I have not been using SLP, nor did I have it installed.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

SM 2.53.14
SLP 3.1.7
Why?

How does any of this answer my question? SLP is not even in the add-ons anymore. It seems to be in development limbo.

So I repeat: is there a different add-on that has the same or similar functionality in the currently available add-ons?
therube

Post by therube »

SLP 3.x is a webextension, so simply will not work in SeaMonkey.

2.4.3 was the last before WE, but unfortunately does not seem to work in current SeaMonkey?
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

Why are you obsessing about SLP? I KNOW it doesn't work.

For the 4th time: I want to know WHAT CAN I USE TO REPLACE IT!!! Is there anything similar? I can't find anything 'cuz I don't know what to search for. I'm hoping someone else has an idea or two or can tell me I'm SOL
therube

Post by therube »

Not obsessing about anything, just pointing out.
And, no, I don't know of any alternative.
v_v

Post by v_v »

WaltP,

I did a google search for -- "snap links plus" alternative -- and " https://alternativeto.net/software/snap-links-plus/ " is what I found. Of the three listed alternatives there "Multi Links Plus" seemed worth exploring. Sadly it appears that this extension has been discontinued too, BUT it is still said to work in the Waterfox and Pale Moon browsers.

However when I tried installing it in SeaMonkey 2.53.14 from " https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/multi-links-plus/ " it was blocked as incompatible, even when I overrode SeaMonkey and clicked 'install anyway'. I then downloaded it from " https://github.com/Smile4ever/firefoxad ... plus-3.9.3 xpi " and tried to install in manually. It was still blocked as incompatible.

You just might be out of luck. One thought is that you could try the "Open With" extension to see if you can get it to simulate snap links plus --- no guarantees on that though. (For instructions on how to find and install "Open With" see my post "Posted June 24th, 2022, 8:28 pm" at " http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &start=195 ".)

Another more tedious exploration might be for you to install the "Classic Add-ons Archive" as an extension and then search through it for snap link plus alternatives. The archive may downloaded from " https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/r ... /tag/2.0.3 " and installed manually. (You may need to use another browser to download it; I could not get the link to work in SeaMonkey.) I installed the archive and then searched for "links" and found 115 results, including "snap link plus" and "multi link plus". Most of those 115 results will be irrelevant to you but maybe you can find one that still works and that works in the way that you want it to.

[Edit - for Github download problems see the following discussion page for needed add-ons " http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 6&start=15 ".]

v_v
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

Thanks, v_v. It still works in FFox so I may be migrating back since SM seems to be having problems with websites, add-ons, speed, and other things I've noticed.
therube

Post by therube »

Multi Links Plus will install if you add a "SeaMonkey" section to install.rdf.
That said, even installed, it still does not work.

<!-- SeaMonkey -->
   <em:targetApplication>
      <Description>
        <em:id>{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}</em:id>
        <em:minVersion>2.42</em:minVersion>
        <em:maxVersion>*</em:maxVersion>
      </Description>
   </em:targetApplication>
Closest I came to working (but still not) was with ancient "snap_links_04.xpi" (that Benoit did).
With that, at least I got the selection rectangle to display - once.