SM Composer sets moz-do-not-send to True, hiding images

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Konsultor

SM Composer sets moz-do-not-send to True, hiding images

Post by Konsultor »

Built multiple websites with SeaMonkey Composer because it is simple to use. Maintaining 5 domains with Composer and having no trouble until recently when I'm adding images to html pages. In Composer I created a table and inserted an image in each cell. Most work OK after I save the .html file and upload to the server with Filezilla. Trouble is that some images, when inserted by Composer, have the advance edit setting moz-do-not-send to True by default. The visible result is that the image doesn't appear in the page when editing in Composer nor does the image appear in the page read from the website. Removing the moz-do-not-send entry with Advanced Edit doesn't work--that entry remains after I remove it and save. I've deleted images and inserted them again, erased the html and jpg files from the web site and uploaded them again, checked that the URL is relative to page location in Composer and that the images are located in the desired directories.
What am I missing? The problem page is http://flanaganphoto.com/gallery-Trains.html
Thanks in advance
Konsultor

Re: SM Composer sets moz-do-not-send to True, hiding images

Post by Konsultor »

Using version 2.56.13 from OpenSuse
therube

Post by therube »

(No clue about such things, but I'll just note that Composer has been not been maintained for ages now.
Maybe there is a bug for the behavior you're seeing, or you could submit one - you never know.
Bugzilla.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

It is sitll maintained but basically the least important component and not many developers left. The usual spiel.

Basically the same problem as in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1827146

Composer editor thinks it is in mail and adds stuff for security and email composition. We discussed it internally and njsg came up with some ideas. If I find some time I will look into it too. Not too hard to fix probably just needs some peace and quiet to test.

FRG
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

Just an FYI, I think I stumbled across a way you can "fix" these moz-do-not-send="true" values in your code produced by Composer if they're causing a problem for you. They've never seemed to have blocked any of the images on my webpages from appearing (at least no one has told me they have). But, today I was tinkering around and seem to have stumbled on a way to at least turn the value moz-do-not-send="true" to "false" and save/publish it that way.

I opened up my webpage in Composer as usual and sure enough, the images had moz-do-not-send="true" assigned to each photo. However, on my banner image, I was able to change it to "false". The only way I could do so and make it "stick" was to go into <HTML> Source mode, do a Find and Replace... and find moz-do-not-send="true" and replace with moz-do-not-send="false". Then I saved the page and Published it to my server.

Sure enough, when go to the site and View Page Source, the setting is set to "false". If you try and do this via the GUI image dialog box, it will always revert back to "true"... but this Find and Replace seems to make it stick (until you use the GUI of course).

My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.1)