Fully Fledged download manager/accelerator for SeaMonkey?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
TK31

Fully Fledged download manager/accelerator for SeaMonkey?

Post by TK31 »

Hi, this is just a suggestion, but has anyone ever thought about including a download manager/accelerator along the lines of Free download Manager into seamonkey? I'd find this very useful, as FDM does not currently have a hook for seamonkey and i use IE for downloads all the time so i can use FDM.

FDM also seems to be GPL open source...

Also, one more thing while im at it...

I'd really like a small X button to close tabs next to the name of the tab, like IE and firefox. that was a really handy feature. Not sure why it wasnt implemented in seamonkey :(

EDIT: Nvm, it is implemented.. just way further down to the right. IMHO, very confusing location, and its complete non-relation to the tab confuses people.
ElTxolo

Re: Fully Fledged download manager/accelerator for SeaMonkey?

Post by ElTxolo »

TK31 wrote:Hi, this is just a suggestion, but has anyone ever thought about including a download manager/accelerator along the lines of Free download Manager into seamonkey? I'd find this very useful, as FDM does not currently have a hook for seamonkey and i use IE for downloads all the time so i can use FDM.

PluginDoc: Windows (Download Managers): Free Download Manager

TK31 wrote:I'd really like a small X button to close tabs next to the name of the tab, like IE and firefox. that was a really handy feature. Not sure why it wasnt implemented in seamonkey :(

EDIT: Nvm, it is implemented.. just way further down to the right. IMHO, very confusing location, and its complete non-relation to the tab confuses people.

BTW ... CatThief :: SeaTab X:

Cheers! 8-)
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
TK31

Post by TK31 »

thanks. the SeaTab X works. But FDM says "Can't install Seamonkey monitoring" im guessing this isnt really the right place to ask for FDM support, but just letting you know.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

plugindoc.mozdev.org wrote:If you would prefer to use the plugin based method, disable integration in Free Download Manager preferences and copy npfdm.dll to your plugins folder.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
TK31

Post by TK31 »

ah thanks. lol
Pim

Post by Pim »

TK31 wrote:I'd really like a small X button to close tabs next to the name of the tab, like IE and firefox. that was a really handy feature. Not sure why it wasnt implemented in seamonkey :(

Just for the record I like to state that I prefer the location it's in now. The button to close the tab is always in the same position relative to the window, no matter where the tab is. So I know where it is, without having to look up the tab.
Not that I would mind having the choice where to put it, but my choice would be to put it right there. ↗
Groetjes, Pim
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

TK31 wrote:ah thanks.

you're welcome. :wink:
Pim wrote:I like to state that I prefer the location it's in now ...

Totally agree (i don't like SeaTab X extension ... [-( )

~
therube

Post by therube »

FlashGot will act as an intermediary between download managers (like FDM) & your browser.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
iFix

Post by iFix »

TK31 wrote:Also, one more thing while im at it...

I'd really like a small X button to close tabs next to the name of the tab, like IE and firefox. that was a really handy feature. Not sure why it wasnt implemented in seamonkey :(

I have always centre clicked to close tabs, in the convention that I opened them with a similar process.

Can admit it's hard to get some users' to understand that there is even 'centre click' but we are in oz and lots still have dial up internet speeds courtesy of the backlog of neglect.
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
Shamray

Re: Fully Fledged download manager/accelerator for SeaMonkey

Post by Shamray »

i cant customize the FlashGot,is it necessary intermediary?
therube

Re: Fully Fledged download manager/accelerator for SeaMonkey

Post by therube »

Guess that depends on the download manager & what functions it offers that natively work with a browser (& in this forum, SeaMonkey specifically).

(FlashGot questions you should ask in the FlashGot forums.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript