Lightweight Themes in SeaMonkey 2.1?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Philip Chee

Lightweight Themes in SeaMonkey 2.1?

Post by Philip Chee »

Robert Kaiser wrote:Lightweight Themes in SeaMonkey 2.1?

As the lightweight theme (or Personas) mechanism has been integrated into toolkit in the Mozilla 1.9.2 cycle, the SeaMonkey 2.1 builds have all the ingredients from that side, but what's missing is the suite-specific parts.

Last night, I took a shot at fixing that bug and got the install mechanism for the lightweight themes to work. After a bit more fixing up the urlbar and tabbar today, this is what I ended up with (after going through a small part of getpersonas and trying out a few ones):

I hope we can have that landed soon and also make other windows than the browser one work with this mechanism. Note that it's nothing people have to use, but a nice way of easy customization for those who want it. ;-)

Entry written by KaiRo and posted on July 10th, 2010 19:36
LuvKomputrs

Re: Lightweight Themes in SeaMonkey 2.1?

Post by LuvKomputrs »

Thanks for posting that. :D I'm hoping that SeaMonkey 2.1 will have that feature included, so can you wear a Persona or background that you yourself designed. Also, it would be really nice to see a getpersonas page geared to the SeaMonkey browser and where SeaMonkey users can submit their designs for use and have their own custom Persona for SeaMonkey. We SeaMonkey users want Personas and deservedly so! ;) There seem to be so many themes/Personas for SeaMonkey's sibling Firefox..so why not for SeaMonkey? It's about time! :)
quattro

Post by quattro »

I will ask here. Seamonkey Modern theme works incorrectly with personas. Navigation bar, personal toolbar and menu bar do not get skinned. Tab bar and status bar, on the other hand, do. is it possible to change that? Maybe even by the user? it seems like transparency problem to me, nothing else.
i prefer Modern theme to Classic, yet I like personas:)
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

IMHO I think they'll work on that issue. I've tried 2.1b3pre and was impressed. Looking forward to the stable release and using personas with it. :)
quattro

Post by quattro »

after 2 years, i am repeating my question:)
is this something i as an user can do?
or is there some advanced magic level required?
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

quattro wrote:after 2 years, i am repeating my question:)
is this something i as an user can do?
or is there some advanced magic level required?

You must have doctorate in magic to do it. Modern is probably not *modern* enough : :shock:
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Locking due to age. Feel free to start a new thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."