SeaMonkey 2x themes?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
BobPezz

SeaMonkey 2x themes?

Post by BobPezz »

Does SeaMonkey 2x still offer the "Classic and Modern" Netscape style themes as an "appearance" option like SeaMonkey 1x? Or only the Firefox style seen in the screen shots?
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0 SeaMonkey/2.31
Philip Chee

Re: SeaMonkey 2x themes?

Post by Philip Chee »

BobPezz wrote:Does SeaMonkey 2x still offer the "Classic and Modern" Netscape style themes as an "appearance" option like SeaMonkey 1x? Or only the Firefox style seen in the screen shots?

Yes we still have two themes (Classic is now called Default). But neither of our themes look remotely like the Firefox default theme and never have as far as I know.

Phil
BobPezz

Post by BobPezz »

Philip Chee wrote:
BobPezz wrote:Does SeaMonkey 2x still offer the "Classic and Modern" Netscape style themes as an "appearance" option like SeaMonkey 1x? Or only the Firefox style seen in the screen shots?

Yes we still have two themes (Classic is now called Default). But neither of our themes look remotely like the Firefox default theme and never have as far as I know.

Phil

Thanks Phil

I stand corrected comparing the "New" SeaMonkey UI with Firefox. However, the "Cartoon Graphics" icons tend to remind me of why I don't like the FF UI. I like the clean look of the Netscape Modern theme in SeaMonkey 1.8x Is that UI available for Seamonkey 2x?

Bob
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0 SeaMonkey/2.31
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BobPezz wrote:I like the clean look of the Netscape Modern theme in SeaMonkey 1.8x Is that UI available for Seamonkey 2x?
Yes.

Phil
BobPezz

Post by BobPezz »

Philip Chee wrote:
BobPezz wrote:I like the clean look of the Netscape Modern theme in SeaMonkey 1.8x Is that UI available for Seamonkey 2x?
Yes.

Phil
Where can I find that theme?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BobPezz wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
Yes.
Phil
Where can I find that theme?

View->Apply Theme->SeaMonkey Modern.
or Tools->Add-on Manager->Themes->SeaMonkey Modern->[Use Theme]

Phil
BobPezz

Post by BobPezz »

Phil[/quote]Where can I find that theme?[/quote]
View->Apply Theme->SeaMonkey Modern.
or Tools->Add-on Manager->Themes->SeaMonkey Modern->[Use Theme]

Phil[/quote]Thanks again Phil
The upgrade from 1x to 2x went flawlessly, you guys are GREAT!!! I want to congratulate the entire SeaMonkey team on a job well done, since you guys probably get bombarded with the bad stuff. I guess I misunderstood your answer to my original question re; "Modern" theme. It was in the preferences just line you said, a big DUH on my part. 1 Last question, I now notice tabs in the E-Mail client, is there a way to disable or hide them if viewing just 1 message?
Bob
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BobPezz wrote:1 Last question, I now notice tabs in the E-Mail client, is there a way to disable or hide them if viewing just 1 message?
Bob

It's not terribly intuitive I know but:
Edit->Preferences->Browser->Tabbed Browsing:
In the Tab Display section:
[✓] Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open.

Phil
BobPezz

Post by BobPezz »

Philip Chee wrote:
BobPezz wrote:1 Last question, I now notice tabs in the E-Mail client, is there a way to disable or hide them if viewing just 1 message?
Bob

It's not terribly intuitive I know but:
Edit->Preferences->Browser->Tabbed Browsing:
In the Tab Display section:
[✓] Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open.

Phil
Phil

I tried that initially. I was wondering if there was a switch for JUST the mail client I was missing in the preferences.

Bob
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BobPezz wrote:I tried that initially. I was wondering if there was a switch for JUST the mail client I was missing in the preferences.

The mainews tabmail widget follows the browser tabbrowser settings. We did it this way because there are some (vague) future plans to have "everything in a tab". Thunderbird also decided to reuse the firefox tabbrowser preferences (which are mostly seamonkey preferences as well) for their tabmail so it made sense to follow this trend and be consistent across all three applications.

Phil
BobPezz

Post by BobPezz »

Philip Chee wrote:
BobPezz wrote:I tried that initially. I was wondering if there was a switch for JUST the mail client I was missing in the preferences.

The mainews tabmail widget follows the browser tabbrowser settings. We did it this way because there are some (vague) future plans to have "everything in a tab". Thunderbird also decided to reuse the firefox tabbrowser preferences (which are mostly seamonkey preferences as well) for their tabmail so it made sense to follow this trend and be consistent across all three applications.

Phil

Ok Phil

Makes sense to maintain continuity. After using the EMail client for a while, I did find the tabs convenient when viewing multiple messages in threads.

Bob
ttuuxxx

Post by ttuuxxx »

I took the Classic Firefox theme for SeaMonkey 0.0.2 by artam and updated the main icons to gtk2 icons so it looks like Firefox on Linux.
If anyone wants to rip it apart and built a full gtk2 theme please do, I have no idea why Seamonkey doesn't have the same default theme as Firefox, itsgtk2 icons that are GPL to start with.
Download http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=35986

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... h&id=35982

ttuuxxx
Last edited by James on December 22nd, 2010, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made as link as image is too large at 1,280px × 1,024px. Please either use a cropped image or a thumbnail link or direct link to image next time.