History Information

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
jefu

History Information

Post by jefu »

I run phoenix, mozilla, galeon, konqueror, and ie on two machines (at least) with a dos and linux partition each, and (for privacy reasons, testing and so on) I sometimes do this as different users. If I were smart enough to always remember who/where/what browser I'd probably end up saving fewer bookmarks to strange places.

So my bookmarks get really confusing sometimes. I did have a nice little program that would take a url and add it to a database - and this worked over the network, so helped a lot.

I'm rewriting that to try to add a bit more smarts to it, but realized along the way that there's more information I'd like to track. And mozilla/phoenix both keep most of that information around, but not all of it - in particular referrer information would be very helpful.

So I'd love to see the history file keep track of referrers - currently it doesn't seem to, but it would be a great feature to add in.
CappuchinoMan

History Information doomed to be repeated

Post by CappuchinoMan »

I'd love to see the History file keeping track of the History! As far as I can see, History seems to forget a great deal of where you've been. I wouldn't want to depend much on it. However, at least someone fixed it to remember the sorting order which I was happy to see.

Yes, keeping track of the referrers is a good idea.