please move the tab icon!

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Tiger-Heli

Re: please move the tab icon!

Post by Tiger-Heli »

SeaTabX would give you a close button in each tab, but it is no longer supported/available: http://tom-cat.com/mozilla/downloads/se ... x-sm21.xpi

In SeaMonkey 2.17 portable, I am not seeing a comm.jar file. I found a local-install.jar file, but it didn't contain a \content\navigator\ folder nor a tabbrowser.xml file and I didn't see that anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!!!
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

Tiger-Heli wrote:SeaTabX would give you a close button in each tab, but it is no longer supported/available: http://tom-cat.com/mozilla/downloads/seamonkey-seatabx-sm21.xpi

In SeaMonkey 2.17 portable, I am not seeing a comm.jar file. I found a local-install.jar file, but it didn't contain a \content\navigator\ folder nor a tabbrowser.xml file and I didn't see that anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!!!

Try SeaTabXplus
http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/uploaded/SeatabXPlus.xpi
Last edited by trolly on April 11th, 2013, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use external links on your own risk!
Tiger-Heli

Post by Tiger-Heli »

Thanks!

Any ideas on this - I'm more interested in moving the new tab button to the right.
SamuelRay

Post by SamuelRay »

sal magundi wrote:also, can the 'close' button be put into the tab, instead of having it sit alone? this isn't as big a deal as the tab icon, but as long as i'm at it.

If you mean that you want it the way that Internet Explorer does it then note that it has at least one significant undesirable consequence. It is too easy to unintentionally close a tab in IE. I sometimes click on a tab in IE and unintentionally close a tab. That can be frustrating when I am unable to find the page that was closed. So although going all the way to the right is inconvenient, it is safer.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Well, it happens frequently enough to me that I'm closing the wrong tab anyway, in which case Ctrl+Shift+T reopens the last tab closed. So, there is some safeguard to protect against (or at least recover from) this kind of accident.

BTW: A middle-mouse click on a tab closes it as well (careful on Linux though, where it pastes into the location bar unless middlemouse.contentLoadURL is set to false), even without moving to the [x] button.
SamuelRay

Post by SamuelRay »

rsx11m wrote:Well, it happens frequently enough to me that I'm closing the wrong tab anyway,

Then my warning is for those that might be affected in the manner I described.