any feature to choose the position of new next tab ?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
DavesnothereBBR

Re: any feature to choose the position of new next tab ?

Post by DavesnothereBBR »

justishar wrote:I found an extension for SeaMonkey that does this: Tabs Open Relative

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc ... enrelative

Fantastic!

Yes, it works for me too, as I recently posted in another thread for someone else.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2910341

It has been fine for me with SM 2.26 thru 2.31 so far, and is one of several extensions which I found and use, in order to mimic the parts of Tab Mix Plus which are important to me, as TMP has not been made to work with SeaMonkey yet - just with the other Moz-based browsers.

SM 2.33 seems OK with it too.
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

patrickjdempsey wrote:When you open new *blank* tabs, or do searches, they are not "related" to any of the existing tabs and so they are opened at the end. This is functionality inherited from Firefox and SeaMonkey does exactly what Firefox does with this setting.

Actually, currently Firefox's implementation is different from SM - searches from the context menu are considered to be related to the opening tab and the new tab opens next the the current one. In SM the search tab is opened at the end. Also, closing the new tab (with search results) in Fx gets the user back to the original tab while in SM the last remaining tab to the right is selected.

I don't know if this was always like that but at the moment Firefox treats new search tabs as related (which indeed makes more sense to me) while SM does not. So I think it would be good if SM was made to follow Firefox in this regard. I wonder - is there a bug for this?
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Ahhh... no clue... it's the first thing I've disabled in every install since that feature was introduced!
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/