change colour of text background in emails

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
shakushinnen

change colour of text background in emails

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
I can't figure out how to change the colour of text background. The double rectangle, seems to allow me to change the colour of text, or the colour of the entire page's background, but I can't find anything that allows me to change the background colour of a few words.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
...... john
Andy Boze

Re: change colour of text background in emails

Post by Andy Boze »

You can do it using Insert | HTML... and entering the HTML code manually, but I'm sure that's not what you have in mind. Try the Highlighter extension at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/seamonkey/addon/highlighter-222207/. It offers only a limited number of colors to select from (six colors and two shades of grey).
But then again, I may be wrong.
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi Andy,
Thanks for replying. You may recall my asking this question before. I usually ask it about once a year, hoping that I'm missing something and this feature has been developed. But.... no luck.
You're right..... entering the code manually would be tedious, since I would have to do a lot of it.
Six colours might be alright, but I'm afraid that this extension doesn't work with the current version of SeaMonkey. I tried Thunderbird, but it's the same story.
I'm surprised that this feature has not been added, it seems like such a no brainer (to me anyway).
Thanks for your help. I'll ask again next year ;- )
..... john
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

shakushinnen wrote:this extension doesn't work with the current version of SeaMonkey.

I installed it with no difficulty. Did you try installing it? If you did, did you get an error indicating that it was incompatible? I have the Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks extension installed. Maybe that made a difference.
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi Andy,
Interesting. I also tried installing the 'disable add-on compat....' extension, and it did not install either.
Then I added 'extensions.checkCompatibility' ...... false to the configuration data, and still the extension would not install....... always telling me that my version of SM does not work with these extensions.
.... john
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Hmmm. I'm just taking a guess here, but the other extension I have installed is Add-on Compatibility Reporter. I didn't think it was needed anymore, though.
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Oh Andy,
You are so goooood. None of the three extensions wanted to be installed, but I told them to anyway, and it works. You da man!!
Thanks.
...... john
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

You're welcome. Glad to hear it's working for you.