Bookmarks Middle Clicking (Command Key)

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
lnx64

Bookmarks Middle Clicking (Command Key)

Post by lnx64 »

On a Mac, SeaMonkey doesn't support middle clicking, or command+clicking, in the Bookmarks menu at the top of the screen, to allow a tab to open in a new tab. This behavior works as expected in the bookmarks bar in the browser window itself, but not in the menu bar at the top of the screen. In Windows this is fine, but on OS X, it doesn't work, or it's a bug.

I was informed that Apple many not support this, but Safari and Google Chrome work as expected in the menu bar. I also fired up XCode and wrote an app that simply made an alternate action in the menu bar when command+clicked or middle clicked, using what is very much supported by Apple.

I believe this function should be included with the OS X version of SeaMonkey as it's a feature I'd like to see. Firefox doesn't support it either for some reason.
therube

Re: Bookmarks Middle Clicking (Command Key)

Post by therube »

Oh, I see, your other thread, viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2756411.
"Requesting" a feature, here, is well, only a place to discuss something, so in that respect no different from "requesting" it in the original thread.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript