Saving a website's pages always in the same place

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Ellioz

Saving a website's pages always in the same place

Post by Ellioz »

Greatings,

I am a big user of the saving feature in Seamonkey (CTRL + S or file/save).

I am grateful to Seamonkey that the location where Seamonkey proposes me to save files/ pages does change for each website, depending on the location I saved my last download from this website.

For instance if the last time I saved a file or a page from wsj.com it was in C:\Me\Financial, the next time Seamonkey will propose me to save a wsj.com page at C:\Me\Financial.

In the preference menu, I could therefore read: browser.download.lastDir C:\Me\Financial.
(The pref menu can be accessed by: Tools/ Cookies/ Manage cookies/ then select: "only preferences" on the top left rolling menu).

I would like to go a little further. Let us suppose for instance that the last time I downloaded a file from that website,it was in D:. Articles from news website can pertain to lots of subjects and could have therefore to be saved in different locations, at least some times.

I would like the further downloads to be still proposed to C:\Me\Financial.

Is there a way to :
1. replace the browser.download.lastDir value by, for instance, browser.download.always, for a specified website;
2. save files without the value browser.download.lastDir to be ever changed.

I guess that a simple way to do this would be to save the webpage in C:\Me\Financial and then open the Windows Explorer and copy paste the file I downloaded from C:\Me\Financial to D:. That way, I would download the file without changing the location settings for the following files that I would download from the same website.

I would like to know if it is possible to perform this from Seamonkey and without opening the Windows Explorer.

Thanks to all who can help me.

Ellioz
vazhavandan

Re: Saving a website's pages always in the same place

Post by vazhavandan »

try Edit ==> Preferences ==> Browsers ==> Downloads ==> When saving file ==> Save file to "Set folder"
After that SeaMonkey would not prompt you again and again