Select Tabs For Closure

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
iFix

Select Tabs For Closure

Post by iFix »

Hi all; is it possible to select certain tabs for closure?

Let me explain; I have eighteen tabs at present, but only want three open to work forward after choosing the ones I need from the business' I have checked today.

What I would like is to close fifteen tabs by holding the CTRL key and mouse clicking three tabs that I want to remain active, then select "close other tabs" // can it be done?
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
therube

Re: Select Tabs For Closure

Post by therube »

Looks to be stuff like:

Close Tabs to the Right
Multiple Tab Handler

Don't know if they would work in SeaMonkey though?
(I believe tab handling may be different between FF & SeaMonkey?)

So at the least you're not alone in your want for such an extension ;-).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
smsmith

Re: Select Tabs For Closure

Post by smsmith »

This is "baked into" Firefox now, with the menu option to Close Tabs to the Right. I'll try installing the extension into Seamonkey and see if it works.

I was able to fudge the extension to install into Seamonkey 2.24, but it didn't add the menu item to the tabs context menu. :(
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.