Focus cursor on address bar when opening new private window?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Gort

Focus cursor on address bar when opening new private window?

Post by Gort »

Very minor wish, but still will ask. Is there a way to get the cursor focus on the address bar when opening a private window other than having to use Ctrl+L or Alt+D? I have a blank page to be shown on a new tab and a new window, which focusses the cursor in the empty address bar, but the new private window isn't focussed (instead "about:privatebrowsing" is shown). It'd be nice to have an option when opening a new private window, if there isn't one, where the address bar is either blank and the cursor is focussed or that "about:privatebrowsing" is shown in the address bar but highlighted.
therube

Re: Focus cursor on address bar when opening new private win

Post by therube »

And your bug for reference, Bug 1015924 - Focus cursor on address bar when opening new private window.

I'd agree the behavior is wrong.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Gort

Post by Gort »

therube wrote:And your bug for reference, Bug 1015924 - Focus cursor on address bar when opening new private window.

I'd agree the behavior is wrong.

Yes, that was my submission. I should have edited my post and included the bug link. Cheers for doing so.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Nice fix from rsx11m, I was just looking at this code for SeaFox the other day. Oddly enough, the code used by Firefox and SeaMonkey for this won't pass a code review for an extension... which is only slightly terrifying.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/