Will Seamonkey also have End-to-end?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Zosimos

Will Seamonkey also have End-to-end?

Post by Zosimos »

End-to-end, this new extension for Chrome, is great. It allows easy use of encrypted mail with Gmail. And even better, Yahoo has announced they will make one for their mail service. Will Firefox and Seamonkey have a version of these plugins? Both of these mail services are very popular and any browser expecting to be widely used ought to have this interface.
therube

Re: Will Seamonkey also have End-to-end?

Post by therube »

Link to end-to-end?
Suppose that both POP & IMAP are supported?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Isn't email encryption handled by the email website? Or is this some integrated messenger with encryption?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Zosimos

Post by Zosimos »

It certainly would be nice if both POP and IMAP were supported. I'm not sure if Yahoo allows anything but browser client access, though. In any case, with the code being published, I hope that the open source browsers can have their own versions of these plugins.