History Button

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
ndebord

History Button

Post by ndebord »

Is there an extension that will add a history button to the toolbar? Right now I use Home, Bookmarks, Close Tab and Print, along with the standard Back and Forward and Reload buttons.

Tks for listening. (using the default theme)
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
Andy Boze

Re: History Button

Post by Andy Boze »

I'm not aware of an extension that will let you specifically add a History button, but there are two extentions I know of that will let you create any button you want: PrefBar and Custom Buttons. Either one will let you add a History button. If you're interested in one or the other of those, I can provide more details on how to create the button.
But then again, I may be wrong.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Sea Fox adds a "sidebar" button. It opens the sidebar to whichever sidebar tab you last had open. You can also use CTRL+H to open the history sidebar and CTRL+B to open the bookmarks sidebar. Not sure if those are stock keyboard shortcuts or from the extension.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... n/sea-fox/
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Andy Boze wrote:I'm not aware of an extension that will let you specifically add a History button, but there are two extentions I know of that will let you create any button you want: PrefBar and Custom Buttons. Either one will let you add a History button. If you're interested in one or the other of those, I can provide more details on how to create the button.

Either one would work for me... As I already have PrefBar, I guess that would be the place to go. Much thanks.
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

To add a History button to PrefBar, open the PrefBar preferences. In either of the two columns (Available/Enabled Items) right click and select New | Button. The button editor will open. In the Common tab, type in whatever Label you want to give the button. The ID can probably be anything you want, but I used the ID that SM already uses for it: menu_showAllHistory. In the onClick tab, enter toHistory(). Click the OK button. Your new button will appear at the top of the Enabled Items column, then you can position it anywhere you want.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Andy Boze wrote:To add a History button to PrefBar, open the PrefBar preferences. In either of the two columns (Available/Enabled Items) right click and select New | Button. The button editor will open. In the Common tab, type in whatever Label you want to give the button. The ID can probably be anything you want, but I used the ID that SM already uses for it: menu_showAllHistory. In the onClick tab, enter toHistory(). Click the OK button. Your new button will appear at the top of the Enabled Items column, then you can position it anywhere you want.

Andy,

That did it. Makes history a one click pick, just like bookmarks, FlashBlock, Print, New Tab and Close Tab (combos of main toolbar and PrefBar all.

Much Thanks.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

You're welcome. Glad I could help.