Tabs on top?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Barney Rubble

Tabs on top?

Post by Barney Rubble »

I know that many SeaMonkey users might look at me with wrathful eyes for asking this, but, will there ever be a Tabs on Top (option/setting) for SeaMonkey? The reason i'm asking this is just to free up more viewing space, not that i would find SeaMonkey's GUI unappealing, it actually has a pretty clean and classy interface. I got a small monitor and although the F11 full screen feature is cool i think an optional setting to enable the tabs to be on top would be a plus for SeaMonkey.

Especially for people that migrate from Firefox/Opera/Other to SeaMonkey.

Again! This option should be optional, so that SeaMonkey can stay true to it's user/fan base.

PS

I'm already aware that there's a plugin to enable Tabs on Top, but i think this feature wouldn't be to hard to make it Built-in in the near future.
patrickjdempsey

Re: Tabs on top?

Post by patrickjdempsey »

In SeaMonkey, as with old versions of Firefox, tabs are connected to the content. In order to achieve tabs on top, Firefox devs had to do some crazy serious work to break them apart. It was a huge pain to do and very buggy in the beginning. SeaMonkey doesn't have the developers to do such a thing and I doubt if anyone really wants that. IMO Firefox/Opera/Chrome/IE are all doing tabs wrong. It makes absolutely zero sense from a design or usability perspective.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

What you can do is set tabs to autohide. In Options > Browser > Tabbed Browsing, chech the box:
"Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open".
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

Barney Rubble wrote:.... but i think this feature wouldn't be to hard to make it Built-in in the near future.

No way! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~