Any way to have Highlight All on Find Bar permanently on?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Gort

Any way to have Highlight All on Find Bar permanently on?

Post by Gort »

This is quite a trivial request. Is there any way to have the highlight all button on the find bar permanently selected between sessions? Currently, you can have the highlight all button selected within a session, but once you restart SeaMonkey the button is deselected. I'd like a way to have it always on (or off) between sessions. Is there a way to do this?
patrickjdempsey

Re: Any way to have Highlight All on Find Bar permanently on

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Pretty trivial to do with an extension by setting [checked="true"] on that button (Sea Fox does this). No way that I know of to do it outside of an extension.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Gort

Post by Gort »

Thanks for the answer. I've just experimented with Sea Fox, and what I ask for is implemented. Still, for just that feature alone, the extension is a bit of an overkill for my purposes. BTW, that's my problem and not Sea Fox's, which is an interesting extension.

So, that leaves me with needing to learn how to make an extension that just deals with the highlighting of that button on browser start up, which I might well do. Might keep me occupied for a bit.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

The Findbar is drawn using an XBL binding. You can extend the binding and change the appearance of the findbar without breaking the basic functionality.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/