email inbox. where are the just read mssgs?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
applemcg

email inbox. where are the just read mssgs?

Post by applemcg »

simple user question:

using gmail (pop) thru sea monkey client. using plenty of filters to folders. here's the question: where do the just-read messages in my inbox go after reading. i'm not archiving by default (or am i?), i can't find the mail when i search by subject. where do they go? the message is still on the gmail server, but i'd rather manage on the sea monkey client.

is there some setting i'm missing? some viewing option to set? some filter for previously read messages?

the top-down approach of the help messages isn't amenable to a query, and i've searched this forum. for email inbox, ...etc.

thanks,
smsmith

Re: email inbox. where are the just read mssgs?

Post by smsmith »

It sounds like you may have set View -> Messages to Unread. Try changing it to All. In the unread view, after a delay or when you switch folders, messages that were unread and then marked as read will no longer show in the view.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.