how to find the regular visited website or domain ?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Michael REMY

how to find the regular visited website or domain ?

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

since many years i use seamonkey, i often go into the history dialog windows to find something new...

but i did not success yet.

From the history windows, is it possible to list or filter the website (or domain) i visit the more ?

Like i'd like to select (to bookmark them) the website i visited 50 times in a year at last. how can i find them ?

it would be such a gem to have a feature which could auto-bookmark every website at a XXX number of visits.

i know there is a "visit count" count column and a "order by visit" feature but it is totally unreliable because popup and iframe webpage are in this list and increase the count falsly.
i'd like the counter only increase when i access a site by enter the url in the address bar or passing throug a bookmark or by selecting in the address bar history.
by example my facebook counter is 1115 for the previous week. it means 160 visits each days, so 6 visits by hour H24!!!! it is tottaly wrong and funny because i selected facebook in my url history 5 times in a day , not more.
i guess the counter is increasing when i went in a page using the "like" or share feature....

have a good day
TPR75

Re: how to find the regular visited website or domain ?

Post by TPR75 »

Michael REMY wrote:From the history windows, is it possible to list or filter the website (or domain) i visit the more ?

Yes, it's possible. By default this column is hidden but you can "unhide" it:
Menu -> View -> Show Columns -> Visit Count
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

TPR75 wrote:
Michael REMY wrote:From the history windows, is it possible to list or filter the website (or domain) i visit the more ?

Yes, it's possible. By default this column is hidden but you can "unhide" it:
Menu -> View -> Show Columns -> Visit Count

i know there is a "visit count" count column and a "order by visit" feature but it is totally unreliable because popup and iframe webpage are in this list and increase the count falsly.
i'd like the counter only increase when i access a site by enter the url in the address bar or passing throug a bookmark or by selecting in the address bar history.
by example my facebook counter is 1115 for the previous week. it means 160 visits each days, so 6 visits by hour H24!!!! it is tottaly wrong and funny because i selected facebook in my url history 5 times in a day , not more.
i guess the counter is increasing when i went in a page using the "like" or share feature....
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Also, by default SeaMonkey comes with a "Most Visited" smart bookmark folder in the Bookmarks folder on the bookmarks toolbar.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Michael REMY wrote:by example my facebook counter is 1115 for the previous week. it means 160 visits each days, so 6 visits by hour H24!!!! it is tottaly wrong and funny because i selected facebook in my url history 5 times in a day , not more.

For one, Facebook constantly auto-refreshes itself, thus causing a new page count. Also, there are many actions on Facebook that cause it to load a new page without changing the URL. Many websites work like that now.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
therube

Post by therube »

Maybe something here could be useful, Norwell History Tools?
(Though I do not know if it works in SeaMonkey? But you could run it through the converter & see what happens.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript