requesting "Copy Image Location" in context menu

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
brynn

requesting "Copy Image Location" in context menu

Post by brynn »

Hi Friends,
I've recently switched over to SM from Firefox. For the most part, I have no need for cutting edge features, so it seems to be a good fit. But there's one or two small features which I hope could happen soon. If this is not the best place to make a formal feature request, would someone please tell me how to do it?

I use the open source vector graphics editor, Inkscape. I participate in, not only the Inkscape mailing lists, and help out with content on the Inkscape website, but I even own and admin two out of 3 (English) user support forums for Inkscape. So I am constantly needing to copy image locations, for one reason or another.

In Firefox, there was the context menu "Copy Image Location", but I find in SM, there's no such thing. To copy the image's URL, I have to right-click > Properties, then highlight the URL and either Ctrl C or right-click > Copy. And then close the Properties window. That is a VERY long way around something which I do countless times every day.

Would it be possible to put "Copy Image Location" into the context menu?

I also used to use View Image Info quite often, in Firefox. So that would also be nice to have. But I'd still be thrilled with only Copy Image Location.

Thanks for listening :D
hardys

Re: requesting "Copy Image Location" in context menu

Post by hardys »

Happy New Year :D
Would it be possible to put "Copy Image Location" into the context menu?
Context menu "Copy Image" will copy the location
I also used to use View Image Info quite often, in Firefox. So that would also be nice to have.
I hope context menu "Property" will do this :)
therube

Post by therube »

To note: Copy Image copies to the clipboard & in doing so, copies in various ways. So what you get depends on what you do with the copy afterwards. If you paste it into the URL bar or or into a forum post, it will post the URL (location), if you post it into an image program, say, Irfanview, you'll get the image.
I also used to use View Image Info quite often, in Firefox. So that would also be nice to have.
View Image should be there (for image file types).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

brynn wrote:View Image Info quite often, in Firefox
Context menu on page -> View Page Info -> Media.
Click on security button in Status bar -> Media.
Ctrl+I -> Media.
View menu -> Page Info -> Media.
brynn

Post by brynn »

therube wrote:
To note: Copy Image copies to the clipboard & in doing so, copies in various ways. So what you get depends on what you do with the copy afterwards. If you paste it into the URL bar or or into a forum post, it will post the URL (location), if you post it into an image program, say, Irfanview, you'll get the image.
Oh, good! I'm thrilled to know that!!
View Image should be there (for image file types).
No, that literally only shows me the image. Nothing else. I think most often I was using View Image Info, to get the correct info to fix where a newbie attempted to insert an image into a message, or make an image into a link, but got it all messed up.

But I guess Properties gives me enough for that.
vladmir wrote:
brynn wrote:View Image Info quite often, in Firefox
Context menu on page -> View Page Info -> Media.
Click on security button in Status bar -> Media.
Ctrl+I -> Media.
View menu -> Page Info -> Media.
I don't have View Page Info in the context menu. But I found in View menu.

Ah yes, that Media tab is almost identical to the View Image Info from Firefox. Although it does take some extra time identifying and locating which particular image to highlight. But again, Properties will probably work for that.

Well, I can't say the current setup is exactly intuitive. But I couldn't be happier to know there's an easier way to get the image url.

Thanks for everyone's comments! Much appreciated :D