Hide Titlebar Feature Request

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Frank Lion

Hide Titlebar Feature Request

Post by Frank Lion »

Can someone look into the possibility of hiding the titlebar in SM?

This is a feature that appeared in Firefox Quantum (57 version) and although I seem to recall that 2.53 is based off FF56, it's possible that the coding for this feature might already be around in 56.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Re: Hide Titlebar Feature Request

Post by mightyglydd »

Thanks Frank, yes please, I want to do a clean install, preferably without the old profile where your button still hides it.
Asked the same question days ago, up for a day, no reply so I deleted it.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mightyglydd wrote:Asked the same question days ago, up for a day, no reply so I deleted it.
Yeah, I saw it when it was up.

It's a good idea, although the Custom Button 'Titlebar Toggle' still works, the Custom Button extension itself is none too great these days, so I don't use it.

On Windows, you can use AutoConfig with a generic vanish titlebar script, activated by hotkeys. Linux, depending on the desktop manager, has an 'undecorate' function to vanish the same. None of the above persists through browser restarts and is a pain to do each time.

SM with its own titlebar toggle, like Firefox, would be really good.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Frank Lion wrote:the Custom Button extension itself is none too great these days, so I don't use it.
It doesn't work here anymore, but I haven't removed it as I figured maybe the toggle button would go too....
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mightyglydd wrote: It doesn't work here anymore,
I'm using the Custom Button extension 59.1.2 by Sonny.

https://sonco.synthasite.com/pale-moon.php
frg

Post by frg »

> Can someone look into the possibility of hiding the titlebar in SM?

I put a bunch of client side decoration fixes in but this is all toolkit and needs further frontend fixes. I won't do any work here in the forseeable future. Not sure if IanN plans something but doubt it. So if someone wants it open a bug and put a patch into it.

FRG
mozray

Post by mozray »

You can hide the titlebar using an old version of Hide Caption Titlebar Plus.

The version that works for me is v3.0.1. v3.0.1 doesn't appear to be available on the Classic Addons Archive though. I haven't tested other versions.