Visual feedback for blocked images/popups

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
velociraptor

Visual feedback for blocked images/popups

Post by velociraptor »

I think it would be good to have some visual feedback for the fact that information on the page or actions like opening popups are suppressed due to a user's settings. I often see people complain that some site doesn't work (I have done it too) and then it turns out it was due to some configuration settings hidden deep in the preferences dialog.

I envision something like small icons in the right area of the status bar, that will indicate whether cookies, popups etc are blocked from the site shown, and some discrete placeholder icons for images/plugins etc that are not shown on the page.

Clicking either of these icons/images could bring up a dialog that gives the details and allows to change the settings.
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

Part of what you want is <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47108">bug 47108</a> and I'm sure that there is a bug for something in the status bar when a popup is suppressed, but I can't find it at the moment.
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

raj_bhaskar wrote:I'm sure that there is a bug for something in the status bar when a popup is suppressed, but I can't find it at the moment.

It's bug 148689.