My SeaMonkey Wishlist

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
CBScoop

My SeaMonkey Wishlist

Post by CBScoop »

I'm a recent SeaMonkey convert. Firefox used up too much of my sytem resources so I decided to try this and I haven't had a problem (yet). I do miss some of the extensions from Firefox though...

1. Google Adsense - I could track my hits and earnings without going to the Adsense page.
2. Restart - Makes adding extensions or switching themes a bit easier.
3. Yoono - Just released on Firefox, this extension is the best "social bookmarking" service I've found.
4. This wasn't even in Firefox, as far as I know, but I'd love an extension that allowed me to cut, copy and paste with a right click menu. Currently, I get that copyright message. I've tried the fix that is suggested, but have never been able to get it to work.

And, of course, more themes. :)
Andy Boze

Re: My SeaMonkey Wishlist

Post by Andy Boze »

CBScoop wrote:4. This wasn't even in Firefox, as far as I know, but I'd love an extension that allowed me to cut, copy and paste with a right click menu. Currently, I get that copyright message. I've tried the fix that is suggested, but have never been able to get it to work.

Hmmm. What copyright message? I can cut, copy and paste by right click with no problem. Authors of Web pages can use javaScript to detect right clicks and pop up their own messages, but I only rarely see that. Try turning off JavaScript. Of course, other things may fail to work.
Old incognu

Post by Old incognu »

I never have a problem with the right-click menu either. Try going to Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Scripts and Plugins, and under "Allow scripts to," uncheck this item: "disable or replace context menus."
GCG

Post by GCG »

I'd like to add textbox spellchecking.
weisel

Post by weisel »

I want a (reload every)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

weisel wrote:I want a (reload every)
Um? The Reload Every extension works fine in Seamonkey.

Phil
Rosco[CoF]

Post by Rosco[CoF] »

I want this fixed!!

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60861

That my one and only wish. If this were ever done I'd drop FF/TB in a heartbeat and start using Seamonkey.
But, until it is I will continue using FF/TB as my only sources.
panditrao

Post by panditrao »

Is it possible to incorporate 'update' feature in a more convenient way? Instead of manually keeping track &/or downloading the 'whole' file, can it be made through patches/small 'updaters' - 'auto-update' would be a much convenient option.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

GCG wrote:I'd like to add textbox spellchecking.

It'd be great if this was built in to SeaMonkey. I just found an extension called Spellbound that will do it, if you weren't aware of it. You'll find it at http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/ . Works really well.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

'auto-update' would be a much convenient option

Unfortunately, that's a feature that's incorporated on a different codebase at the moment. See, SeaMonkey uses XPFE, and the codebase that has this feature is "toolkit". SeaMonkey will move to toolkit for SeaMonkey 1.5, and then this will be implemented.
franontheedge

Post by franontheedge »

Alright, for SeaMonkey I'd like some more different themes than the currently available Classic and Modern... Boring!
FranOnTheEdge
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

franontheedge wrote:Alright, for SeaMonkey I'd like some more different themes than the currently available Classic and Modern... Boring!

BenoitRen has a very nice list of SeaMonkey-compatible themes at http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/themes.html . I mostly use Classic, but I also like Sky Pilot Classic, though black text doesn't show up well on some of the darker background colors it uses.
But then again, I may be wrong.
franontheedge

Post by franontheedge »

Oh yes, I was just about to get that when my computer died.

It's back now, so thanks for the reminder, I've downloaded that one now.

Oh one more wish for SeaMonkey:
I'd like to be able to open a new tab with only one click, instead of having to click on File/New, then moving the cursor across to "New Navigator Tab" without loosing the menu - this often happens!

It'd be nice if it was accessible via: "select the buttons you want to see in the toolbars" - that way you could have it if you wanted or not, if you don't.
FranOnTheEdge
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Um, there's a New Tab button right on the left of the tab bar. Of course, if only one tab is open, the tab bar isn't visible. You can change this in your Preferences:

Navigator > Tabbed Browsing > Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open (uncheck)

Personally I always open a new tab by using the Ctrl+T keyboard shortcut.
franontheedge

Post by franontheedge »

Well crickey! It's not obvious, is it? Thanks for pointing it out to me - I'd never have found it otherwise. Much appreciated.
FranOnTheEdge