Improved image viewing

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
bob_seb

Improved image viewing

Post by bob_seb »

I think it could be a good idea to add extra features when viewing images (just plain images not images in HTML)
It would be nice to have some controls to zoom / dezoom and adjust size to window. I always find cumbersome to run another program to view a big image on small screen or a small image on a big screen.
WillyWonka

Bookmarklets

Post by WillyWonka »

This probably isn't what you were looking for but I use bookmarklets to zoom images. Just bookmark these links, assign a keyword to them in the bookmark manager (I suggest "-" and "=") and then when you hit a site with images that are too large/small type - into the location bar and press enter (Or click on the bookmark).

Zoom in

javascript:(function(){ function zoomImage(image, amt) { if(image.initialHeight == null) { /* avoid losing height information due to integer rounding while zooming out */ image.initialHeight = image.height; image.initialWidth = image.width; image.scalingFactor = 1; } image.scalingFactor *= amt; image.width = image.scalingFactor * image.initialWidth; image.height = image.scalingFactor * image.initialHeight; } for (i=0; i<document.images.length; ++i) zoomImage(document.images[i], 2); })();

Zoom out

javascript:(function(){ function zoomImage(image, amt) { if(image.initialHeight == null) { /* avoid losing height information due to integer rounding while zooming out */ image.initialHeight = image.height; image.initialWidth = image.width; image.scalingFactor = 1; } image.scalingFactor *= amt; image.width = image.scalingFactor * image.initialWidth; image.height = image.scalingFactor * image.initialHeight; } for (i=0; i<document.images.length; ++i) zoomImage(document.images[i], .5); })();

For more bookmarklets check out this site

http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Re: Improved image viewing

Post by Alex Bishop »

bob_seb wrote:I think it could be a good idea to add extra features when viewing images (just plain images not images in HTML)
It would be nice to have some controls to zoom / dezoom and adjust size to window.

See <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73322">bug 73322</a>.
Alex
bob_seb

Re: Improved image viewing

Post by bob_seb »

Alex Bishop wrote:
bob_seb wrote:I think it could be a good idea to add extra features when viewing images (just plain images not images in HTML)
It would be nice to have some controls to zoom / dezoom and adjust size to window.

See <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73322">bug 73322</a>.

OK. I've already founded that bug, but the summary wasn't exactly what I wanted. After reading all the comments, I find it close enough of what I want, thanx.