can't find close tab button on tabs

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Andy Boze

Re: can't find close tab button on tabs

Post by Andy Boze »

Ztruker wrote:That says "Not available for Seamonkey 2.17.1".

You can click the "Add to SeaMonkey" button and install it anyway.
But then again, I may be wrong.
hako2

Post by hako2 »

Where can I get SeaTabX 1.1.3?
Could not find a download site, because it is retired.
"Never do anything against conscience, even if the state demands it"
Albert Einstein
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

hako2 wrote:Where can I get SeaTabX 1.1.3?
Could not find a download site, because it is retired.

see viewtopic.php?p=12791447#p12791447
hako2

Post by hako2 »

Thanks, that works
"Never do anything against conscience, even if the state demands it"
Albert Einstein
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

hako2 wrote:Thanks, that works

you are welcome
mrhermit

Post by mrhermit »

I got Sea Tab X to work on SeaMonkey 2.17 by doing a manual install of the SeaTab X xpi file.
It should be in your SeaMonkey directory where ever it is installed on your computer if you had it working in older versions.
To find the file location, open your email. Then click on:
1. Edit
2. Mail and Newsgroup Settings
3. Server Settings. Look towards the bottom of the window where it says "Local Directory". That is where the SeaMonkey files are stored on your computer.
Look for this file {e84f2cf7-7745-4be8-89d4-1549d97ca45c}.xpi in the directory listed as "extensions".
Now that you found the file:
4. Open up the Add-Ons Manager in SeaMonkey. It can be opened by clicking on "Tools" then Add-Ons Manager in the drop down menu. At the top right corner you will see an Icon next to the box that says "Search All Add-ons".
5. Click on the Icon. A drop down menu will appear.
6. Click on "Install Add-On From File". Now go to the location where you found the xpi file.
7. Click once on the xpi file. It should now be entered in the box listed as "File Name".
8. Click on Open. Another window will open that says "Software Installation". If you found the correct xpi file, it should say SeaTab X (Author not verified).
9. Click once on the SeaTab X entry.
Wait for the Install (5) button to change to "Install Now". That might take a few seconds.
10. Now close out SeaMonkey and then open it again. If you did it correctly, SeaTab X should now be installed. It should also be in the "Extensions" in the SeaMonkey Add-ons Manager listed as SeaTab X 1.1.3.

It took me a few hours to figure this out, but it was worth it to get SeaTab X working again.
godzfire

Post by godzfire »

Philip Chee wrote:
COKEDUDE wrote:Is there a reason why seamonkey still hasn't added a close tab button on tabs?

I was working on it but got fed up with people bikeshedding on my patch. I need to work up some motivation to get it going again.

Phil

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I'm just wondering if work could be resumed on getting the close tab button functionality to be updated to match how the current version of FireFox works. I know about SeaTab X-2 and tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to support any different Appearance Themes other than Default (not even SeaMonkey Modern, which I use), so the color looks very off.
James

Post by James »

Locking due to old age as it should have been locked when it was first bumped back in 2012.