Tabbed browsing (with middle click) on Personal Toolbar

Discussion of features in Seamonkey

Would you like to be able to middle-click (or CTRL-click) on bookmarks in the Personal Toolbar and have them open in a new tab?

Yep, sure would.
86%
I would hate that with every fiber of my being
4%
Eh, I don't care either way.
11%

Total votes: 28

General E

Tabbed browsing (with middle click) on Personal Toolbar

Post by General E »

Hi. I've noticed that middle-clicking on a bookmark in the Personal Toolbar does not open the link in a new tab. I was wondering if anyone had suggested adding this functionality. I'd really like it, truth be told. What does anyone else think?
johann_p

I just configure it as I wish ...

Post by johann_p »

using the multizilla extension I can just configure it to do so. And that is what I want: let me configure it.
General E

Re: I just configure it as I wish ...

Post by General E »

Johann_P wrote:using the multizilla extension I can just configure it to do so. And that is what I want: let me configure it.

Sounds cool -- I was not aware of this extension. Thanks!

I still think it's a nice idea. There are currently 4 different options in the "Tabbed Browsing" section of Mozilla's preferences, most of which default to "off". I think a 5th preference allowing tabbed browsing of bookmarks may be nice enough to include by default.

But, hey, as long as I can do it SOMEhow. :lol:
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

The Tabbrowser Extensions let you do that, too. But don't install them together with MultiZilla, that's asking for trouble.
mozDude

yes but

Post by mozDude »

I like the idea of middle clicking to open in a new tab...and I know theer is a multizilla extension that does that, but I think the multizilla tabs looks bad and I dont like the way they behave. I dont want *yet another* toolbar on my browser. I prefer teh way mozilla handles the close tab button. So maybe Mozilla should have this option as one of the prefs.

ANd what's up with that black flash when one clicks on an IFRAME within a page? Ive seen it on Bugzilla too...when you do a search, it shows the resulst in an IFRAME (which is a good idea), but when u click non it, it gives you a black flicker.

I am editing my post...I hadnt tried the Tabbed browser extension in a while. I actually like teh way this one handles tabs. I like that it is pretty flexible too. This is what I want!
bob_seb

Post by bob_seb »

What I'd also like is the ability to open all the bookmarks of a folder in new tabs with a middle click (or Ctrl + click).
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

bob_seb wrote:What I'd also like is the ability to open all the bookmarks of a folder in new tabs with a middle click (or Ctrl + click).

That's also possible with the Tabbrowser Extensions...
Warduke

Post by Warduke »

I switched to Phoenix after trying one of the 0.4 nightlies that had finally fixed the tabs problem in 1.2b, so when that problem was fixed in 1.2, I downloaded a new Mozilla nightly and although I was very happy with it, I found myself still preferring Phoenix to Mozilla, and this was the reason why...middle-clicking on bookmarks to open them up in new tabs, I just LOVE that feature, now I had tried Multizilla but I just didn't like it and it wasn't working well, so I gave up and went back to Phoenix, but after reading this thread, I decided to give Tabbrowser Extensions a try and all I can say is WOW!

Not only does it allow you to do the middle-click to open bookmarks in new tabs but it also fixes one of my biggest pet peeves…the way some sites or links make Mozilla open up new windows :x I hate that, why can't you make it open in a new tab instead…well now you can :mrgreen:

I cannot recommend Tabbrowser Extensions enough, it's truly a great add-on, one of the best.