Address bar missing.

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
brucerealtor

Address bar missing.

Post by brucerealtor »

Since updating from SeaMonkey 1.1.12 to to 1.1.13, the address bar along with the back & forward arrows is MISSING.

I don't want to have to use the sidebar everytime, but ALL BARS under the File. Edit, View etc bat are gone UP TOP.

Suggestions to ** e-mail address removed by moderator **

Thanks
Euchre

Re: Address bar missing.

Post by Euchre »

It sounds like there's an extension you have that has broken in the change from 1.1.12 to 1.1.13 builds. You should create a new profile to see if things work then. If they do, then one of your extensions probably made changes in the application directory instead of just installing itself to your profile. Such extensions would need to be reinstalled on each upgrade in the 1.1.x series.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I removed your e-mail address because we do not give email support. To do so would deprive other users of the information offered in a response to your topic. More importantly, spammers harvest email addresses from public forums like this.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

How about trying View->Show/Hide->Navigation Toolbar?

Phil
happyseamonkeyuser

Post by happyseamonkeyuser »

Recently, I was the recipient of a virus so I removed the virus, it was still running so I reloaded windows 7 in its entirety.
My application basics include the Seamonkey browser, every time. So I installed fresh installation of Seamonkey 22. something.
Within a few hours I was prompted to install Seamonkey 24 and did, of course. And it worked fine.
I grabbed ad-nauseum, which takes a place in the address bar location to the right of the Bluebird at upper right of the address bar.
Ads have gotten completely out of hand as of late, so having Great Ad blocking add-ons is a Must.

Then I proceeded to install 200 windows updates. Upon logging back into windows 7 today, Ad nauseum add on was displayed in the address bar to the left, where back and forward buttons should have been displayed And no address bar text/navigation field is present. I promptly removed all add-ons, restarted with same issue.
Then Uninstalled Seamonkey. Reinstalled Seamonkey version 24. .... and the issue is still present.
I used the File>Open Web Location option for navigation to find and temporarily install Firefox. Now, in Firefox I do have the address bar in proper form while in Firefox.

I will attempt further to get Seamonkey browser working again, as it is the only browser I use if given the option.
Ad-nauseum seems to have created the problem in Seamonkey version 24.
happyseamonkeyuser

Post by happyseamonkeyuser »

update: after reinstalling Seamonkey 2.4 again, the address bar was still present though missing all buttons.
right-clicking the address bar gave the customize option. I placed the buttons back on my address bar, complete with navigation text field and also the bluebird.
I'm good to go again after maualy placing my address bar buttons back, which appear to have been hosed by Ad-nauseum add-on.

My Seamonkey works again! Yay :)

I love Seamonkey and its been my browser of preference since 2009. That's 7 years that Seamonkey worked everyday.
At the worst of times, all I had to do was disable an add-on and rebuild my address bar.
Awesome browser and Thank you Mozilla for supporting apng images!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for your report and we're happy to hear that you worked things out. Note, though, that you've replied to a topic that died out more than 7 years ago. Please check the dates of prior posts before replying to a thread. In this case creating a new topic might have been more appropriate than replying here because the subject seemed to match.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.