Save tabs on exit - gone!

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Cornfl4ke

Save tabs on exit - gone!

Post by Cornfl4ke »

This happened in the last couple of days.
When I close Seamonkey I no longer get a "save" option just close and cancel. Meaning I can no longer save my previous session and restore when I start Seamonkey up again.
As far as I know nothing at all has changed on my pc or installation wise, nor has there been an update.
Any help would be great!
barbaz

Re: Save tabs on exit - gone!

Post by barbaz »

Cornfl4ke wrote:When I close Seamonkey I no longer get a "save" option just close and cancel. Meaning I can no longer save my previous session and restore when I start Seamonkey up again.

If you mean in the browser, isn't that a pref?
I'm not sure where to get to it in the GUI if you don't have that warning, but in about:config it's browser.warnOnQuit , set to true .
EDIT browser.tabs.warnOnClose also needs to be set to true .

EDIT2 I get no Save option on Mac OS X if I try to close a single browser window but not quit the application. If the above settings are set correctly, try exiting with Ctrl+Q ?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Edit> Preferences> Browser> check Restore Previous Session....is how I have mine set and works OK.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Wish You Were Here

Post by Wish You Were Here »

Cornfl4ke wrote:This happened in the last couple of days.
When I close Seamonkey I no longer get a "save" option just close and cancel. Meaning I can no longer save my previous session and restore when I start Seamonkey up again.

How are you closing it? I don't get the option if I use the "X" in the upper right corner. I DO get it if I use File >> Exit on the Menu bar.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Wish You Were Here wrote:How are you closing it? I don't get the option if I use the "X" in the upper right corner. I DO get it if I use File >> Exit on the Menu bar.

It warns me when I'm trying to close SM using [X] button too. I've never messed with it and I've got default setting set to "True":
browser.warnOnQuit
browser.tabs.warnOnClose
browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOther
--
therube

Post by therube »

If there is only one window, no tabs, your won't be prompted.

If there are multiple windows, closing the window with the 'X' will only prompt if there are multiple tabs in the window.
(Note that this is closing a window, not Exiting the browser.)

If there are multiple windows open, an Exit should (by default) prompt to save the session.

If Edit | Preferences | Browser -> Display on, Browser Startup => Restore Previous Session, is enabled, you won't be prompted when you Exit, regardless of the number of windows/tabs, but it should restore your tabs on restart.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Cornfl4ke

Post by Cornfl4ke »

So it was working again this morning after my PC was shut down over night, then I had a crash and it's gone again. A restart of the PC seems to fix it.
I'm very familiar with Seamonkey and have had it set up just right for a long time now and never had this happen. I know about setting up the preferences, but even toggling (and restarting SM) the warn on exit, it does warn but only in so much as giving me close or cancel options.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

How are you quitting SeaMonkey?

Restart the PC, and then does it eventually lose the Save option if you always start SeaMonkey in Safe Mode?
Cornfl4ke

Post by Cornfl4ke »

Quitting using the usual cross (top right).
I haven't tried file-exit yet.
If it does it again I'll try safe mode :)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

The X doesn't "exit", it closes the window.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/