seamonkey browser does not open comments window

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
amenu

seamonkey browser does not open comments window

Post by amenu »

When I open this page http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/147187770 , there is a article with a window for comments. When I click on the window, it does not open. It does open in Windows Edge browser and I can see the comments that others have made or add my own comments. Is this a bug in Seamonkey or do I need to change a setting. I am running Windows 10 on a Thinkpad 510. I seem to recall being able to open the comments in Windows 7.
-- Arthur
therube

Re: seamonkey browser does not open comments window

Post by therube »

Works for me.
I don't care for how the pages themselves display, nor for how the comments display, but it works.

See if there is any change in Safe Mode.
Otherwise, as a test, try a new, clean Profile.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
hardys

Post by hardys »

If you have a modified host file and are using AdBlockPlus then the comments window is blocked. Changing back to your original host file and disabling ABP will show the comments window.
amenu

Post by amenu »

Thanks for the advice, but it turns out that the problem was solved by the latest Seamonkey update (2.35). Don't know why. Just happy that I can read and make comments now.
-- Arthur
amenu

Post by amenu »

Oops! I spoke too fast. I was able to open the comments on the Yankees web site. Then tried again later and could not. What I see at the bottom of the screen is "Transferring data from ping.chartbeat.net..." and that doesn't seem to go away.

Following up on the previous advice, I do have Adbloc Plus installed. How do I go back to my original host file? (I don't understand what a host file is.)

-- Arthur
amenu

Post by amenu »

More news. I used Adbloc Plus to filter out "ping.chartbeat.net" and now I appear able to open the comments box.
-- Arthur
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Sports websites are some of the worst for stuff like this. Basically the website is forcing you to allow tracking in order for a basic feature to work.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/