At&T E-Mail and SM

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Fam

At&T E-Mail and SM

Post by Fam »

I have been using SM for years on AT&T with the same e-mail settings. Last night I could receive all my mail with no problem. This morning I cannot receive any mail. Nothing has changed on my computer or e-mail settings. I called AT&T and they said there was no problem with their e-mail server. I have "Save on Server" set to on and have for years. Today I get a message that says"The POP3mail server inbound.att.net does not support UIDL or XTND XLST which are required to implement "Leave on Server" and to turn off Leave on Server. " When I called AT&T they said it was a SM problem.

If I turn Leave on Server off I get all my mail since 2103.

Has anyone had this problem today it SM and AT&T?

I'd post a picture of the error but I don't know how to here. Thanks, Bob.
TPR75

Re: At&T E-Mail and SM

Post by TPR75 »

Fam wrote:Today I get a message that says"The POP3mail server inbound.att.net does not support UIDL or XTND XLST which are required to implement "Leave on Server" and to turn off Leave on Server. " When I called AT&T they said it was a SM problem.

If I turn Leave on Server off I get all my mail since 2103.
You will LOST all e-mails on server. If it was working yesterday it means it's AT&T problem. Sorry.

As for test you can create e-mail account on other site (e.g. Google, Yahoo... others) and check if works correct.

You can create another profile in you SeaMonkey to check if it works. Remember to enable function "Leave messages on server" or you'll lost them (from server).
--
Fam

Post by Fam »

AT&T Support is worthless. I called twice with no help. I can access my mail via Yahoo site but I can't by using inbound.att.net. I even tried Outlook with the same results. Bob.
Fam

Post by Fam »

How exactly can I create a new mail profile without loosing all my saved and sent files? Thanks, Bob.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Fam wrote:How exactly can I create a new mail profile without loosing all my saved and sent files? Thanks, Bob.
Profile Manager:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

When SeaMonkey is open:
Menu -> Tools -> Switch Profile -> in new windows "Manage Profiles" -> Create Profile
Be careful when marking "default (don't ask)" function.
--
Fam

Post by Fam »

Thanks. Bob.