can't get FF passwords into SM

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
bob c

can't get FF passwords into SM

Post by bob c »

Title says it all, have tried everything I've done in past years, can't get my FF passwords into SM. FF 50.0.1 SM 2.46 Should be there, but they're not.
DanRaisch

Re: can't get FF passwords into SM

Post by DanRaisch »

It would be helpful if you told us what it is you have tried, so we won't simply suggest the things you haven't found helpful.
bob c

Post by bob c »

DanRaisch wrote:It would be helpful if you told us what it is you have tried, so we won't simply suggest the things you haven't found helpful.

your right-to many assumptions--I should have
but I got the passwords in finally, by just deleting the profile a couple times, then the password files a couple times, and coping them back in, could not get any import or export thing to help at all. the password files were there, SM just was not using or showing them, for what ever reason.

SM just wants to balk for me sometimes, 20 sum years of stuff like this from netscape 1 back when?, to now, just get frustrated when it should do something, easy I think, and it doesn't.
therube

Post by therube »

What version of SeaMonkey (& FF)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
bob c

Post by bob c »

therube wrote:What version of SeaMonkey (& FF)?

Sm 2.46 FF 50.0.1

now my history is not showing up, seems since I now have the bookmarks etc. from the places.sqlite file showing up, would think the history would. just the history from the use after install, not any transferred in.

edit----and now--history is showing up after adding a converted (for FF) history addon--so forget the above comment for now.