Unresponsive Script Error in YouTube.

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Sophie Mare

Unresponsive Script Error in YouTube.

Post by Sophie Mare »

I am using Seamonkey 2.49.1. I've used Netscape and then Seamonkey for over 20 years and don't want to change. When I open a Youtube window there is a pause, then the screen starts to white out and then throws up the message as posted above, "A script may be busy, or..." None of the 3 options given makes any difference. I have opted out of Google Ads Personalization. I've tried disabling different pages with AdBlockPlus and also all pages with AdBlockPlus. I have downloaded the latest Seamonkey and also upgraded to a Solid State Drive. Nothing works. My suspicious mind makes me wonder if I am being targeted politically. HELP!!!!!!!!
DanRaisch

Re: Unresponsive Script Error in YouTube.

Post by DanRaisch »

Nothing to do with politics.
I split your post from it's original location as that discussion was about Firefox, not SeaMonkey. While similar, they are not the same browser.

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
therube

Post by therube »

? Unresponsive Script Error in YouTube.
(Hmm. Now got to wonder if that isn't where she was split from?)

I'll note that on my brothers well under powered machine, he yells, what are these script errors (on Bank of America), & I was like, what do you mean?

Sure enough script errors.

And I said, "they have all kinds of crap, & their site does run like crap [it does], but I don't get actual errors there". Anyhow, I changed [extended] some of the script timeout Prefs, & that seems to have helped.

Again, this is on a way under powered machine.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
burde

Post by burde »

One possible workaround is reverting back to old youtube layout. This option is under channel icon in the top right.