separate SM windows?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
brynn

separate SM windows?

Post by brynn »

Hi Friends,
I'm new to SM. I've been in the habit of having 3 Firefox windows open at the same time, each with say 8 to 12 tabs open. But switching to SM now, when I've opened the 2nd and 3rd window, they aren't separated in the taskbar. It's going to be 24 to 36 sites, all occupying 1 SM icon.

Is there any remedy for this? Maybe there's a setting somewhere, that I didn't find yet?

I'm sure I'll get used to having them all under 2 icon, if they can't be separate. But it can't hurt to ask, right?

Thank you very much :D
brynn

Re: separate SM windows?

Post by brynn »

Oh, good news!

After I had opened the 2nd window, there was no separation. But now that I have 3 open, they are now separated. Not sure why it's like this. But in any case, problem solved!

Thanks.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

I have no idea, because I don't use WindoZe. Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
brynn

Post by brynn »

Well, I'm not long for Windows. I already have plans to make a switch over to Linux in the near future.

You're right - it could be a Windows thing.

Thanks anyway :D
therube

Post by therube »

Combining "windows" on the Taskbar can be controlled through taskbar settings.
(Right-click | Properties -> Group similar {or similar, depending on OS})

If you need more control, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

brynn wrote:Well, I'm not long for Windows. I already have plans to make a switch over to Linux in the near future.
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
Wish You Were Here

Post by Wish You Were Here »

brynn wrote:Oh, good news!

After I had opened the 2nd window, there was no separation. But now that I have 3 open, they are now separated. Not sure why it's like this. But in any case, problem solved!

Thanks.

Using Win 7, my three SM windows are stacked like a deck of cards so you can see just the edges. I Hover over them to see the current tab in each window and select which window I want.
frg

Post by frg »

You probably have set the taskbar in Windows to combine when full. You could set it to never combine and then it stacks always.
brynn

Post by brynn »

Wish You Were Here wrote: Using Win 7, my three SM windows are stacked like a deck of cards so you can see just the edges. I Hover over them to see the current tab in each window and select which window I want.
Yes, that's what I see.
frg wrote:You probably have set the taskbar in Windows to combine when full. You could set it to never combine and then it stacks always.
My taskbar is set for Always Combine. If I switch to Never Combine, then every single tab has an icon on the taskbar. And I definitely don't want that.

I may have been unclear in my description. When I have 2 SM windows open, there was one icon on the taskbar (well, sort of 2, but it's made to look like they're stacked up), and each and every tab, for both windows, is represented by the titlebar text, in a menu which scrolls upwards, when I hover over the icon. (With 8 to 12 tabs for each window, that menu nearly reached the top of the browser window.) It looks just the same as having all the same tabs open, except in one window.

But as soon as I open the 3rd window, now there is still just one icon on the taskbar (the stacked up appearance), but instead of showing each and every tab when I hover, it only shows the one active tab for each window.

I don't know why it takes 3 windows to get that kind of organization. But now I realize it's a Windows issue and not a SM issue. Anyway, thanks for everyone's comments :D