Login Forms - Remembering Username(s)?!

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Eakamai

Login Forms - Remembering Username(s)?!

Post by Eakamai »

SM v. 2.49.3
OS v 7 Pro 32bit

Can anyone let me know how to stop this behavior? Don't know how to attach screen shot.
Whenever I log into a site it remembers username(s) and shows them in username field.
I simply put cursor in the username field and they show up as choices.

I set 'remember passwords' to disable and it seems to [correctly] not remember PWs, but somehow, it's remembering user names?

Thanks for any ideas.

P.S. Could it be 'tool tips'? Sorry, but it's the only thing I could think of in preferences.
Frank Lion

Re: Login Forms - Remembering Username(s)?!

Post by Frank Lion »

Eakamai wrote:Can anyone let me know how to stop this behavior?
I think usernames comes under forms and search history. I know what you mean though, if you set NOT remember passwords, it's reasonable to expect password usernames to also not be remembered.

Wait a while though, I know you can selectively delete items from search history manually, it might be possible (?) to do the same with just password usernames, so you could keep the rest of the forms history. It's the last part that I don't know.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Eakamai

Post by Eakamai »

Thanks for response Frank!

How to setup ccleaner, or even bleachbit or similar to erase this info like they do with cache etc.?
For example, ccleaner doesn't do this automatically like it does all the browser cache, history etc. ?

Couldn't care less about forms so if requires manually setting a file to be erased, no problem.

Thanks again!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Eakamai wrote:How to setup ccleaner, or even bleachbit or similar to erase this info like they do with cache etc.?
Keep both those programs well away from SeaMonkey. Both seem fine with other programs, but it's well-known that they can seriously screw up browser ones. No idea why.
Eakamai wrote:Couldn't care less about forms so if requires manually setting a file to be erased, no problem.
In that case, it's simply Menu>Edit>Preferences>Privacy Data and check (aka tick in GB, Canada, etc) Clear on Exit and then also check the Cache box and Saved Forms and Search History one. Restart and you're done.

You could, if you wanted to, also check the Saved Passwords one. That shouldn't be necessary though if you've had that other Password setting already checked.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)