seamonket dying

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Iamusually happy

seamonket dying

Post by Iamusually happy »

Half the pages I browse won't load, getting worse and worse.
This one for example https://www.clickondetroit.com/weather, yahoo news won't load either. Just gets stuck, doesn't time out, just sits there like its looking for something it can't find. Same pages load just fine in firefox, I cleared cache. Anything else I can try before I finally give up ?
kerft

Re: seamonket dying

Post by kerft »

Any page that gives trouble you should spoof a current Firefox user agent and try it again.
One way to spoof is Preferences or Options | Advanced | HTTP Networking Check 'Advertise Firefox Compatibility'
Frank Lion

Re: seamonket dying

Post by Frank Lion »

Iamusually happy wrote:I cleared cache. Anything else I can try before I finally give up ?
What else have you tried apart from clearing the cache? Tried Safe Mode, for example? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Pages, like your weather one, are loading fine for me.
kerft wrote:Any page that gives trouble you should spoof a current Firefox user agent and try it again.
One way to spoof is Preferences or Options | Advanced | HTTP Networking Check 'Advertise Firefox Compatibility'
Bearing in mind that pages that require spoofing will, by definition, be doing the same to everyone else who uses the same browser, then it's unlikely to be just that.

Advertise Firefox Compatibility is used to give the nearest Firefox version being used (v. 52) not a current Firefox version. Plus, you can see by the UA string on that post, that the OP is already doing that, i.e. -

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)