JSON Error

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wpr

JSON Error

Post by wpr »

In attempting to look at products on Home Depot's site, I get this message:

Error: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data . This appears in the space where the products' images should be.

I couldn't find any corrections, so I'm posting here to see how to correct.

Thanks for any info.
ndebord

Re: JSON Error

Post by ndebord »

wpr wrote:In attempting to look at products on Home Depot's site, I get this message:

Error: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data . This appears in the space where the products' images should be.

I couldn't find any corrections, so I'm posting here to see how to correct.

Thanks for any info.
wpr,

I was able to go there with no problems using SeaMonkey 2.53.7 on Windows 10 Pro. Are you using similar operating system?

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

wpr wrote:Thanks for any info.
We need more info:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3062904
--
wpr

Post by wpr »

I'm using SM 2.53.7 portable on Windows 10 Pro.

I got the same message in safe mode.

In response to the 'more info', I've been using SM since it first came out, having used Netscape and Mozilla before, so it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to note changes made.

Since Nick didn't have problems, I'll investigate my items and see if I can correct. Maybe even call Home Depot.

Thanks for your replies.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

wpr wrote:I'm using SM 2.53.7 portable on Windows 10 Pro.
Latest portable version is 2.53.6:
https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/ ... y_portable

How did you updated to 2.53.7? Extracting from EXE/ZIP doesn't make "portable" because user's profile will be in standard/default place.

Home Depot website is "junk heavy" - a lot of 3rd-party content/ads/telemetry. It uses different domains and if you're blocking "other" cookies then it could be a problem. Extensions like ADB+/uOrigin can filter too much and that's why you have problem with "JSON and scripts".
--
therube

Post by therube »

Extracting from EXE/ZIP doesn't make "portable" because user's profile will be in standard/default place.
While I understand "portable" & "portable", even if you "unzip", you can still set your Profile to be (basically) anywhere you like (as in, you don't have to accept defaults).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

therube wrote:
Extracting from EXE/ZIP doesn't make "portable" because user's profile will be in standard/default place.
While I understand "portable" & "portable", even if you "unzip", you can still set your Profile to be (basically) anywhere you like (as in, you don't have to accept defaults).
therube,

PMFJI, but exactly. profiles.ini allows you to keep your profile info in your application sub-folders, not is windows USER folders. I too use 2.53.7 with a portable setup and using one of the methods to update, which is to download the executable and run it halfway to the point where you can copy over the correct files from your temp folder. Works for me.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
hardys

Post by hardys »

For testing I have downloaded and "installed" the portable SM App from https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/ ... y_portable

After that I have copied my current profile to SeaMonkeyPortable->Data->profile and downloaded the newest SM 2.57 x64 zip. After extracting the downloaded version I copy the folder Seamonkey to SeaMonkeyPortable->App replacing the existing Seamonkey folder (or just renaming the old Seamonkey folder before pasting).
Now I can start SM using the SeaMonkeyPortable.exe

This also works with SM 2.53.8b :D
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

hardys wrote:For testing I have downloaded and "installed" the portable SM App from https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/ ... y_portable

After that I have copied my current profile to SeaMonkeyPortable->Data->profile and downloaded the newest SM 2.57 x64 zip. After extracting the downloaded version I copy the folder Seamonkey to SeaMonkeyPortable->App replacing the existing Seamonkey folder (or just renaming the old Seamonkey folder before pasting).
Now I can start SM using the SeaMonkeyPortable.exe

This also works with SM 2.53.8b :D
this has been updated to 2.53.7.1 yesterday April 19th on PortableApps