Missing Icon Big Sur Launchpad *SOLVED*

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
VeryOldBloke

Missing Icon Big Sur Launchpad *SOLVED*

Post by VeryOldBloke »

I have been using SeaMonkey for some while now on an iMac with Big Sur without any problems.

Yesterday I updated Big Sur with the emergency security patch that came out (don't know if that's relavent) and also updated to the latest SeaMonkey 2.53.9

Since then the SeaMonkey Icon is missing in my Launchpad - It's name is there but the icon is missing. It runs ok and when running the icon is present in the dock.

I have rebooted and even gone as far as completely deleting the SeaMonkey app along with is data folder in the Application Support/SeaMonkey folder and reinstalling - however on re-install the icon is still missing.

I have also reset Launchpad by doing rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Dock/*.db; killall Dock

Unsure what to do.

Thanks
Last edited by VeryOldBloke on September 17th, 2021, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevoz

Re: Missing Icon Big Sur Launchpad

Post by trevoz »

Open a Terminal window from Applications > Utilities > Terminal and execute the following:

defaults write com.apple.dock ResetLaunchPad -bool true; killall Dock

If that does not work:

* Go to /Users/[you]/Library/Application Support/Dock and delete the desktoppicture.db file
* Restart the computer.

Let us know how you go.
VeryOldBloke

Re: Missing Icon Big Sur Launchpad

Post by VeryOldBloke »

No luck I am afraid - did both and icon still missing!
VeryOldBloke

Re: Missing Icon Big Sur Launchpad *SOLVED*

Post by VeryOldBloke »

I have sorted it in a round about way without knowing what caused it! I downloaded a SeaMonkey.icns icon file. Right clicked the SeaMonkey app, selected info and dragged the new icon over the old one. Working fine now!
trevoz

Re: Missing Icon Big Sur Launchpad *SOLVED*

Post by trevoz »

That's a weird one! Thanks for following up with a solution.