FaceBook Problem

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
gheth54

FaceBook Problem

Post by gheth54 »

Last Sunday I noticed when I logged on to FB with Seamonkey, I couldn't post on somebody's else post. When I typed nothing shows on the message box. For some reason I can start a new post and the typing works as it should. To confirm its a Seamonkey issue, I logged on to FB with Firefox and it works perfectly.

Can't help but wonder if FB is playing games to eventually block Seamonkey!

Thanks

Gene
DanRaisch

Re: FaceBook Problem

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried spoofing the user agent string?
gheth54

Post by gheth54 »

Dan, thanks for the reply.

I thought changing the user agent string might be the cure.
What's the "about:config" setting to change and is there a recommended string to change it to?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

nickhog

Post by nickhog »

I have same Facebook issue as gheth54. I tried changing User Agent and editing the about:config for Facebook but I still can't type in comment fields. I can type in chat windows. I tried useragent for Firefox 74 then I tried DanRaisch's useragent. 74 would open facebook but couldn't type. Dan's useragent and Facebook will not even open.... Any other suggestions please..?????
gheth54

Post by gheth54 »

Ditto here!
Tried all the same solutions and the problem persists.
FYI, the problem is there in Win and Linux OS, Seamonkey versions.
nickhog

Post by nickhog »

I'm really surprised that useragent settings don't seem to fix this.... I can use any of the other browsers/versions that I have spoofed and they work fine. Seems there may be something else causing this.... Will we ever see a next gen Seamonkey or is it truly dead...?

P.S. - I also found that you can create a post and typing works while creating the post but not after it's posted.....
gheth54

Post by gheth54 »

Is Seamonkey dead?
I've been a user and supporter, before it was Seamonkey!
But I do have to add, the latest team needs to address this FB issue. Its becoming a royal PITA having to switch to FireFox to answer a question or post.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, it's not dead. Period.
LinuxUserSince1991

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

DanRaisch wrote:No, it's not dead. Period.
I truly hope you're right, but based on recent experience, with more and more sites failing to work with SM, I'm not so optimistic. I've been an ardent, loyal supporter of SM (in every way, including financial) since its inception, so I'm not going anywhere any time soon, but if the inability to access sites I need keeps getting worse...what choice will there be?
Redbugdave

Post by Redbugdave »

Same here with Facebook.
geezee1950

Post by geezee1950 »

Same here with Facebook. I tried downgrading to previouse versions like 2.53.7 but no success.. Any solutions...???
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

So, has anyone found a way to let Seamonkey reply at Facebook?

When I try to reply there, nothing shows up when I'm typing. On the status bar I see this as SM seems to spin its gears.

scontent dot lga3-1 dot xx dot fbcdn dot net
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:
I truly hope you're right, but based on recent experience, with more and more sites failing to work with SM, I'm not so optimistic. I've been an ardent, loyal supporter of SM (in every way, including financial) since its inception, so I'm not going anywhere any time soon, but if the inability to access sites I need keeps getting worse...what choice will there be?
LinuxUser,

I click on extension icons in my toolbar to open sites that bark with SM.

Don't know which extensions work in Linux, but I use Open in Chrome , View this page in IE [changed to Edge Dev on my computer], Open With 6.8.6, an extension that allows you to pick (and/or hide) a list of browsers including ones that you add in to their automatically generated list, which in my case meant I added in WaterFox and hid all the rest.

Kludges all, but necessary ones IMO.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
trevoz

Post by trevoz »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:
I truly hope you're right, but based on recent experience, with more and more sites failing to work with SM, I'm not so optimistic.
While I had come across the odd site which didn't work with 2.49.4, since upgrading 2.53.9 I've only come across one website [to check the number of users on my ISP's POI (point of interconnect) router] which didn't work because it only supported:
* Chrome/Chromium
* Firefox
* Safari
* Microsoft Edge
* Internet Explorer 11 is only fully supported in Grafana versions prior v6.0.