Cookie acceptance pop-up problem.

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Vernier

Re: Cookie acceptance pop-up problem.

Post by Vernier »

rainyd wrote:Vernier, I do not see pop-ups at any of those sites and I presume you're not using adblocker.
Just install uBlock Origin from here: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-f ... y/releases
Many thanks!!! I've only just tried it, and everything now works perfectly on all systems. I did do a search a couple of weeks ago to see if there was anything that would block the pop-up but seemed to draw a blank. I should have done more research.
rainyd

Post by rainyd »

TPR75 wrote: I'm using AdblockPlus 2.9.1 and I didn't notice memory consumption bigger than uOrigin Legacy on test profile (with the same websites).
I remember from my tests, that uBlock is indeed lighter but maybe more important is fact that 1.16.4.30 version was released a few months ago, when 2.9.1 is from mid 2017.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:This is very interesting. PayPal is *not* one of the sites I have problems with. I can dismiss its blue cookie message without issue. Right now, for the life of me, I cannot recall any specific sites where I did have this problem, but if I come across any I'll post them.
LinuxUser,

Please do. It would be helpful for the developers down the road.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome