New AOL Log-in Rqmts for SeaMonkey Mail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
OldVisor

New AOL Log-in Rqmts for SeaMonkey Mail

Post by OldVisor »

Can anyone help me - in a step by step fashion - figure out how adjust my SM Mail log-in so that in conforms to the new AOL security log-in requirements? I don't understand what they are asking me to do. Are AOL's new log-in requirements really just for cell phone users? I am running Win7-Pro and SM v.2.53.10 on a desktop in a POP connection mode. Many thanks, in advance, for advice, guidance, or whatever.
Peter Creasey

Re: New AOL Log-in Rqmts for SeaMonkey Mail

Post by Peter Creasey »

Probably you are asking about the new ATT password key. You need to go to https://www.att.com/support/article/ema ... KM1240308/ then use that system-generated password with your SeaMonkey email processing for the account(s) you are referencing.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
BillT52

Re: New AOL Log-in Rqmts for SeaMonkey Mail

Post by BillT52 »

Both ATT/Yahoo and AOL are moving to a requirement for a special password, but I think they are still separate email systems and you should probably get the password from the corresponding system. The instruction page for AOL is at

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-app ... re-sign-in

In both cases you are directed sign in to the online mail system and go to an option in your user profile where they will generate a password Save that generated password. Then if you haven't saved your password in SeaMonkey, use that password in place of your password the next time SeaMonkey asks for a password.

If you've saved your password, you'll need to go into password manager and remove the saved password for website(s) containing pop.aol.com and smtp.aol.com. Close SeaMonkey, then open, and the next time you send or download email, a box will appear asking for a password. Use that saved password.
If you ever lose the generated password, you just need to log in to online AOL mail and go through the process again to generate a new password and use that new one as above.