convert HTML to jpg

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
shakushinnen

convert HTML to jpg

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
Will SeaMonkey, or it's composer, allow me to convert an HTML file (containing text and or images) to a jpg?
Thanks,
...... john
Peter Creasey

Re: convert HTML to jpg

Post by Peter Creasey »

<copy><paste> the html content into MS Word, then <save as> pdf, then <open> file with Adobe Reader, then <copy> Adobe Reader content, then in PhotoShop Elements <open image from clipboard> then <save as jpg>.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the suggestions; but, I'm afraid that I have none of those programs.
So, Composer will not convert and HTML to a jpg?
....... john
LinuxUserSince1991

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

shakushinnen wrote:Hi,
Will SeaMonkey, or it's composer, allow me to convert an HTML file (containing text and or images) to a jpg?
I haven't even looked at its composer in years, but you should be able to just take screenshots. That's what I'd do. If the file is too long for one screen to show all of it, just take a screenshot, scroll down a page, take a screenshot, scroll down, and so on. Then, in an image editor, like [url=https://gimp.org"]the GIMP[/url], you can create one big image from all the smaller ones. Will that work?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

There are a heap of 'On Line" converters...
No need to install anything.

eg; > https://www.freeconvert.com/html-to-jpg

Read the directions for more info.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
n0spam

Post by n0spam »

Developer Tools can make a screenshot of the entire page. Press F12 (or Ctrl+Shift+I) and click the camera icon in the top right corner. This will create a PNG image that you can convert to a JPEG image with an(y) image editor. You can also go to the settings (click the gear icon in the top right corner, next to the camera icon) and enable copying the screenshot to clipboard.
If that for some reason fails, you can try making a screenshot "manually" using DOM Inspector (Ctrl+Shift+I). Making a screenshot of the <body> element should work. Just right-click the <body> element in the tree and select Screenshot Node near the bottom. This will create a PNG image.
rdtom

Post by rdtom »

One can use Gadwin Printscreen, which is freeware.
Uses the Print Screen button on your keyboard.
Saves images as png.
In addition to GIMP you could try IrfanView.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

shakushinnen wrote:Will SeaMonkey, or it's composer, allow me to convert an HTML file (containing text and or images) to a jpg?
You can open HTML file in Browser and then make a screenshot of entire webpage using biuld in Developer Tools:
1) click RMB (Right Mouse Button) somewhere on website
2) click on "Inspect Element"
3) click on "Toolbox Options" (sprocket icon on the right side of DT bar)
4) in section "Available Toolbox Buttons" (scroll down if you must) mark/enable "Take a screenshot of entire page"
5) click "Close Developer Tools"
6) click on "Inspect Element" again; this time you should see button with photo camera icon ("Take a screenshot of entire page")
7) click on it and screenshot will be taken and saved as PNG file in your default download location.

If you need JPG then use some other tool to convert it.
--
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

KompoZer will NOT do a conversion from HTML to .jpg/.jpeg but MSWindows Paint can assist in converting from screen shots to .jpg/.jpeg or other formats.

By the way you can drop HTML into Notepad if you need the entire page but will have to likely scroll for screen shots.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
lem3

Post by lem3 »

Cool. Except there is no camera icon and there are no entries under "Available Toolbox Buttons" in Settings. Is that something I have to turn on, maybe in about:config?
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

lem3 wrote:Cool. Except there is no camera icon and there are no entries under "Available Toolbox Buttons" in Settings.

How to enable a screenshot of entire webpage using build in Developer Tools:
1) click RMB (Right Mouse Button) somewhere on website
2) click on "Inspect Element"

3) click on "Toolbox Options" (sprocket icon on the right side of DT bar)

4) in section "Available Toolbox Buttons" (scroll down if you must) mark/enable "Take a screenshot of entire page"

5) click "Close Developer Tools"

How to take a screenshot of entire webpage using build in Developer Tools:
1) click on "Inspect Element" again; this time you should see button with photo camera icon ("Take a screenshot of entire page")

2) click on it and screenshot will be taken and saved as PNG file in your default download location.

Or just open "about:config" and change "devtools.command-button-screenshot.enabled" to "true".

8-)
--
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
Thank you all for your help. It will be a while before I try out what's being suggested.
I was actually trying to convert an imagine (plus text) in a (Thunderbird) email, to jpg so that I could post in on a forum. I did try one of the online (html >>> jpg) converters, but the quality was crappy, of both the picture and the text; so I decided to ask you guys.
....... john
LinuxUserSince1991

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

shakushinnen wrote:Hi,
Thank you all for your help. It will be a while before I try out what's being suggested.
I was actually trying to convert an imagine (plus text) in a (Thunderbird) email, to jpg so that I could post in on a forum. I did try one of the online (html >>> jpg) converters, but the quality was crappy, of both the picture and the text; so I decided to ask you guys.
....... john
Like I said earlier, just take a screenshot. Done. :)
lem3

Post by lem3 »

TPR75 wrote:
lem3 wrote:Cool. Except there is no camera icon and there are no entries under "Available Toolbox Buttons" in Settings.

8-)
I have no entries under "Available Toolbox Buttons".

TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

lem3 wrote:
TPR75 wrote: 4) in section "Available Toolbox Buttons" (scroll down if you must) mark/enable "Take a screenshot of entire page"
I have no entries under "Available Toolbox Buttons".
Something is messing with it. Try to:
1) restart SeaMonkey in Safe Mode and check again,
2) switch to default (built in) theme and check again,
3) disable all extensions and check again (if it is the cause then re-enable them one-by-one and check which one is problematic).
--