Cookies ?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wpr

Cookies ?

Post by wpr »

Is there a way to add a cookie for a web site?

Is there an add-on that shows the complete cookie information (site, name, value) for the cookies?

If I can add another question that isn't cookie related: after reloading or resetting my OS (Windows 10), the first time I run SeaMonkey (portable 2.53.16) it opens with a default profile, which isn't what I have set up. It creates a profiles.ini file on my C disk ("C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey"). I strongly believe that portable software should not be putting any files on the C disk; so I'm wondering if there's any way to prevent this from happening.

Thank you for any info.
therube

Re: Cookies ?

Post by therube »

Where did you get SeaMonkey from?
What makes you think that it is "portable"?
a way to add a cookie for a web site?
If you have a cookie saved in one Profile, you can copy cookies.sqlite from that Profile into a different Profile (with SeaMonkey closed).
(Note that would overwrite any existing cookies in that the different Profile, if that matters.)
profiles.ini
profiles.ini is used by Profile Manager.
Though you do not necessarily need to use Profile Manager.

You can use the -profile switch & tell SeaMonkey to use a (any arbitrary location for a) Profile.

Code: Select all

pathto/seamonkey.exe  -profile  c:/out/NEWPROFILE
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

If you want to see all the cookies, the best way is to use SeaMonkey's cookie manager.
chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul
Bookmark that address and use it whenever you want to see cookies or cookie permissions.
wpr

Post by wpr »

Thank you for your replies.

I got SeaMonkey from either Softpedia or Mozilla.org . I believe that since I did not install it, it is portable. I use a lot of portable software, some of it does put files on the C disk, which I believe shouldn't be done with portable software, but I don't think there's much I can do about it. What I was looking for in my reference to the C disk files was a way to get my portable SeaMonkey to use the profiles.ini file in my portable software folder, and not refer to any files on the C disk.

On the cookies issue, I have no problem seeing the cookies, using the built-in cookie manager. I was asking for a way to add a cookie. The site's (tvlistings.zap2it.com) folks have told me the item I don't have (zap2it.user.token) is in the local storage area (in Chrome); so I'm not sure if I need to add this item to cookies or to local storage; but, of course, I don't know how to add to either one. I currently have 8 cookies for zap2it.com .
hardys

Post by hardys »

The portable version can be found here:

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/ ... y_portable
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Why would a website accept a cookie that it did not send in the first place?