Security Device

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Rick Harvey

Security Device

Post by Rick Harvey »

Lately on one of my computers I keep getting a security password request, over and over. I think it is some virus or? that is in the mail. If I turn the mail off, it does not pop on every minute. First it wants a password for ? Then a master password, then the mail password. It wants 3 passwords. I dont have a password to run it, only to retrieve mail. It has the option to remember the mail one, but it does not remember it. It just says "a security device" and I have no idea what it is.

It is like someone else installed it, as it does not like my password. I have not used a different password, nor forgot the correct one for the browsers

I am the only one on this computer, and the only recent program added was AdAware. Could this have come from AdAware? If so how do I get rid of it. I have uninstalled the Mozilla 1.7.13 and reinstalled it, with no luck removing it. Now it carrys over to other versions, Firefox and Seamonkey, so it has taken up residence in my personal area.

Has anyone else seen one of these problems?
Help stamp out microsoft, Switch to LINUX, where updates ARE backward compatable. Does anyone know where I can get microsoft toilet paper?
Daifne

Re: Security Device

Post by Daifne »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support where the Mozilla Suite is still sort of supported.
Rick Harvey

Post by Rick Harvey »

Whatever this thing is, it slides into all distros. If I load Firefox or Seamonkey, it shows up in them also. It has taken up residence in my personal area of common files area somewhere.
Help stamp out microsoft, Switch to LINUX, where updates ARE backward compatable. Does anyone know where I can get microsoft toilet paper?
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

Check the date and time on you computer. Ran into something similar today where I kept getting warning about Security Certificates expired and after going round in curcles for an hour, discovered the date was set to Feb 6 2003! Changed it and all the problems went away.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
Rick Harvey

Post by Rick Harvey »

They are correct. This thing says nothing other than "a security device" I am suspecting some spyware thing for identity theft