seamonkey-2.0 oddity

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rolfp

seamonkey-2.0 oddity

Post by rolfp »

On Mandriva 2010.0 x86_64, I upgraded to a community build: http://mib.pianetalinux.org/mib/en/comp ... ey-20.html

The profile import from -1.x (almost 8G) was flawless, afaict, and the new suite is quite nice, with a few niggles like File for email not including the full folder tree when in the message. There is one more weirdness, atm, that exposes how much force of habit, muscle memory enters into usability, for me.

The suite component icons at the left of the status (iianm) bar are like this in Navigator, Mail, and, just checking for the purpose of this post, the less-frequently-used Composer, Address Book, and Chatzilla windows. When in an email Message window, it's like this:

Not quite the end of the world but I often use these icons to switch windows from the message window, so I notice it.
Rob_S

Re: seamonkey-2.0 oddity

Post by Rob_S »

This may have been fixed.

I'm running a 2.0.2 pre version, and mine are the same in all three windows (browesr, mail, and compose)

Unless it's only in the theme you are running
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

if this is a "community built" program, then maybe you should be asking them.
turu

Post by turu »

hehehe, I have been wondering since 2.0b as I am the only one on the earth who know this issue :-$

Purpler Hippo is right. post it to their newsgroups/irc channel would be a fast way to get reaction.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/community#groups

I'm running a 2.0.2 pre version, and mine are the same in all three windows (browesr, mail, and compose)

Are you sure ? It only happens on each "message" window (not a tabbed one). Yes. it's fine on Mail component. but try to open messages in new window, and it's there (at least on my 2.0 Windows build).
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

You are right, in a separate message window, the icons are in different order, still so in 2.0.2pre.

I had not noticed, because I basically never open messages in new windows - I always use the 3-paned arrangement.
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

you're right. I can confirm the same in the windows version. Hadn't noticed that. Perhaps you should search bugzilla and if nothing found, then file a bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

The icons are in the right place for me, although I'm using a third-party (Pinball) theme.
rolfp

Post by rolfp »

raj_bhaskar wrote:The icons are in the right place for me, although I'm using a third-party (Pinball) theme.

I installed and ran Pinball, but the message window icons are differently arranged in the same fashion. Are you sure you're viewing the message window?

Pim

Post by Pim »

They all show in the same order for me on the 2.0 release with Modern.

Bottom to top: navigator window, mail window, compose, html editor, address book.

I think it's a theme thing.
Groetjes, Pim
turu

Post by turu »

Bottom to top: navigator window, mail window, compose, html editor, address book.

Open any messages in new window, you will see difference on there. it doesn't happen on compose or mail window itself. only showing up on message window.
amrad

Post by amrad »

turu wrote:

Open any messages in new window, you will see difference on there. it doesn't happen on compose or mail window itself. only showing up on message window.

I can confirm that I am seeing the same thing in SM 2.0. I don't have Chatzilla installed, though. The order of the icons is different only in a message window.

Regards,

Dave.
Pim

Post by Pim »

Ahhh... that message window.
Sorry.
Groetjes, Pim
InvisibleSmiley

Post by InvisibleSmiley »

This has first been reported by chicagofan in the newsgroups:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla. ... e72ac13d81

Unfortunately the reporter didn't file a bug and the thread dropped out of my sight. :-(

rolfp, can you file a bug please? Just be sure to include the term "standalone message window" in the summary to make it clear what this bug is about. Please also double-check with the Modern theme (the alternative theme that comes with SeaMonkey) to show that this is not limited to the default theme. Thanks.
SeaMonkey Trunk Tracker: http://smtt.blogspot.com/
rolfp

Post by rolfp »

Ok, I'll do so and post the bug # back.
rolfp

Post by rolfp »

Here, a message window above a browser window shows the same phenomenon, using Modern: